Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > airlock keeps stopping

Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
andyturner87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

So i have this cider brewin the last few days from store bought juice and airlock activity seems to have stopped a few times now until i adjust the bung and knock it a bit. Anyone know something about this?

Oh and it seems to have been from after i topped up the juice after foaming went down

Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
UpstateMike
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyturner87 View Post
So i have this cider brewin the last few days from store bought juice and airlock activity seems to have stopped a few times now until i adjust the bung and knock it a bit. Anyone know something about this?
What is the current gravity reading? What was the starting gravity reading? What yeast are you using?

"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities." ~ 1 Timothy 5:23

Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
andyturner87
Recipes 

Lalvin cider yeast. o.g was 1.060 but i havnt got reading at the moment got no siphon or squeezy thing right now cuz i destroyed mine got a replacement coming soon.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
andyturner87
Recipes 

Its bubbling every 4 or 5 seconds atm. And when it started it was very irratic bubbling and water level in there was all weird so swapped it for another

Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
andyturner87
Recipes 

Iv just noticed its colder in here than has been for few days if that helps too.