Suggestions for best homebrews to give as Christmas gifts - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Suggestions for best homebrews to give as Christmas gifts

Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
J3conn
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Norton, Ma

As a lover of all things beer, I come from a family of fellow beer enthusiasts and was hoping to brew some Christmas presents this year. What would your suggestions be for a great general beer to brew.Of course everyone has their favorite brews.I have my favorites, but if I recieved a high gravity stout, a nut brown, or an IPA in my stocking I wouldn't be picky. What do you all think?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
kh54s10
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Tiverton, Rhode Island
Liked 1339 Times on 1104 Posts

That really depends on the recipient. If the person prefers pale ales a pale would be best. If the person prefers malty beers, maybe a Stout or Porter.

To hit the most maybe a mild brown ale. I brewed on from leftovers and it was one of the ones that got the most good reviews from my friends.

Personally I would like a sampler pack.

Or you could clear your stock of your least favorites.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
Personally I would like a sampler pack.
2x something light. 2x something hoppy. 2x something malty = 6 pack.

They'll like something.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Wakadaka
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Richmond, VA
Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

hoppy amber ale or brown ale. i think that is one style that all craft beer enthusiasts can enjoy. malty and hoppy, with neither winning out and neither being compromised.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Binghamton, NY
Liked 137 Times on 111 Posts

I did a chocolate mint stout last year. Made some custom labels, put red wax on the bottles and made a loop of ribbon holding a chocolate mint candy cane onto each one.

It turned out well, and one 22ozer is good for 3-4 people to share of a beer like that. It's more of an after dinner drink than a standard beer.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
J3conn
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Norton, Ma

Thanks for the suggestions! I do like the idea of the chocolate mint stout and I have thought about trying one of those. Perhaps I'll make a brown ale and a chocolate mint stout and see what I want to drink the most.