Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Picked my Willamette, Cascade hops and my chamomile. Wet hopped chamomile IPA?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
dirk1609
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Picked my Willamette, Cascade hops and my chamomile. Wet hopped chamomile IPA?

Just picked my Willamette hops, Cascade hops and my chamomile. Now I want to make a wet hopped chamomile IPA.

I have a basic 5 gal IPA kit.

Questions:

1. The hops are loaded with ants, big and little lady bugs. How to i get the bulk of them out?

2. How much wet hops do i add to a basic IPA that already comes with hop pellets?

3. When do I add the wet hops?

4. How much chamomile do I add?

5. When would I add the chamomile?

6. Any way to add grapefruit juice?

Its a 5 gal batch and I love bitter, citrus IPA.

Thank you for helping me with this wonderful nonsense idea.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
iambeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 161 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 128

All I have to contribute is add the chamomile at the end of the boil, like with 5 minutes left. Chamomile doesn't weigh much, so you'll need a scale that can measure grams.

Not sure if grapefruit juice is such a great idea. The hops should take care of bitter and citrus-like flavors. You can add zest, though (at the same time as the chamomile). Look at wit recipes that use chamomile, zest, and coriander to get an idea.... IPA is a stronger taste but don't overdo the adjuncts.. much safer and more drinkable to under do it.