2012 hops - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 2012 hops

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,033
Liked 7615 Times on 5359 Posts


I just ordered some 2012 magnum, amarillo, and northern brewer hops from freshops.com (the whole hops).

I'm sure the pellet hops will be available in a few weeks. Hopsdirect has a few 2012 varieties in leaf form as well.


__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
r2eng
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Eagle, Idaho, Idaho
Posts: 1,479
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I just ordered some 2012 magnum, amarillo, and northern brewer hops from freshops.com (the whole hops).

I'm sure the pellet hops will be available in a few weeks. Hopsdirect has a few 2012 varieties in leaf form as well.
Bingo!

Look for a PM...


__________________
Engineer, Animator, Brewer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
FATC1TY
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Atlanta Area, GA
Posts: 1,615
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


I was thinking of doing the same thing... Getting some magnum, amarillo and some cascade whole leaf.. Use some magnum for bittering most of my pales and ipas, and whatnot. Less mess in the kettle too!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,033
Liked 7615 Times on 5359 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
I was thinking of doing the same thing... Getting some magnum, amarillo and some cascade whole leaf.. Use some magnum for bittering most of my pales and ipas, and whatnot. Less mess in the kettle too!
This years whole cone magnum is at 15.5% AAUs, according to freshops.com. That means you won't need much when you use it for bittering!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #15
SouthBay
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Olympia, WA
Posts: 465
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts


hops direct has some 2012 hops out right now.
__________________
we blessed your skin
we blessed you with our mark
become a part of the klok
become a gear

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #16
FATC1TY
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Atlanta Area, GA
Posts: 1,615
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
This years whole cone magnum is at 15.5% AAUs, according to freshops.com. That means you won't need much when you use it for bittering!
Nice!! I might spring for that then.. Might cut back on the amarillo a bit then, and get a bit of all 3..

I feel odd spending that much at one time for just hops.. First year of "bulk" buying.. But at $2.39 for an ounce for most whole leaf at my LHBS with the exception of like Cascade which is $1.99.. There's some savings there for favorites!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #17
Toecutter
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Riverside, ca
Posts: 588
Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts


these guys are about ready to release their 2012 crop, www.yakimavalleyhops.com, and their prices are very reasonable and the shipping too.


__________________
When a naked man is chasing a naked woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - Dirty Harry

On Tap: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen, Toecutters Honey HPA

Fermenting: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump