Questions about some decision - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Questions about some decision

Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
Aug 2012
Houston, TX
Posts: 34

I currently have a raspberry amber in the primary and it has been there already for a week. I have yet to add the raspberry purée and I also have a chocolate stout in my only other carboy that is coming up on three weeks. Should I just go ahead and add gelatin and raspberry purée in the primary and have minimal splashing or bottle the stout and rack the amber onto purée in a secondary and risk oxidation? I have no way to carbon dioxide purge.

Is there any harm in adding to primary? I'm kind of impatient and ideally I could let the stout age a while in the primary it is in more. If I add the puree will it disrupt any of the fermentation by taking precedence of the alcohol tolerance of the yeast?

Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #2

Adding fruit puree to the primary (after the first fermentation has died down) is fine. I wouldn't add the gelatin until after the second fermentation is complete.

Reply With Quote
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dry hop decision help... NorthSide General Techniques 1 11-08-2011 08:08 PM
Questions Re: Making a Starter for Yeast Bank from Smack Pack or Vial Atl300zx General Techniques 5 04-06-2011 01:16 PM
HBT, Make my decision for me! BrookdaleBrew General Techniques 16 07-20-2010 02:25 AM
Questions about making a yeast starter Shonuff General Techniques 8 11-09-2008 09:49 PM
oktoberfest decision... BrewskiBro General Techniques 16 06-15-2008 06:55 PM

Forum Jump