Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Anchor Steam

Old 02-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #11
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

A shirt? I haven't seen the shirt...[/QUOTE]

go to their web site. they have some cool t's and beer glasses. one arrogant bastard shirt say's "yellow fizzy beer is for wussies!". great stuff!

i think it's stonebrewing.com? or you can do a search for stone brewing company.

DeRoux's Broux

Old 02-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
OSUmoney83
Recipes 

Location: In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scottsdale, Arizona
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwingnut
Just in the middle of my first bottle of Anchor Steam...darn good. Smooth....nice fruityness. I only have 1 bottle, though...discovered the "make your own six pack" at the local Spirits store. Got the steam, Saranac Belgian White, Sierra Nevada Wheat, Harpoon IPA, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and Post Road Pumpkin Ale (different). Any comments on them? They're all new to me. Got them along with a six of Sam's Hefe...to get a taste for wheat beer.

I just had a Sammy Hefe that came in the sample pack along with the boston ale and cream stout. I thought the stout was good, the boston ale was excellent, and the Hefe was garbage. It just didn't go over that well with me

Old 02-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #13
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmoney83
I just had a Sammy Hefe that came in the sample pack along with the boston ale and cream stout. I thought the stout was good, the boston ale was excellent, and the Hefe was garbage. It just didn't go over that well with me
The Sam Adams Double Bock is pretty good. The web site calls it a "meal in a bottle!". Pretty big. 310 calories per bottle, 8.8% ABV. You get a noticable kick from the alcohol, but it's good. I thought it was close to the Paulaner Salvator Dobble Bock. My wife got me a big ol' basket of beer's for Valentines! She Rocks!!!

DeRoux's Broux

Old 02-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
ABlovers
Recipes 

My husband and I had our first "let's get drunk" one night while we were separated, and found AB beer after we stumbled down the block to get refills. Ruination was the best we've had

We have kept the bottles from most of their specials, to cut down into freezer glasses. But now he wants to make a home brew! We've even got an extra fridge in the garage... Now that we know to save our bottles intact, who can help us make a home brew with no equipment??? Help!

Thanks for the gift idea for Valentine's day. I hope my husband will be as happy as you were with your gift basket!

Anybody know any well-stocked beer emporiums near Fresno, CA? We can't seem to keep Stone Brew anywhere around town!

Thanks from a newbie...