Do I need a loveseat and chair in my living room? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Do I need a loveseat and chair in my living room?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

I'm kind of running out of space for my brewing and other hobbies ... looking around the most obvious thing would be in the 'living room' to get rid of the loveseat, chair (they're pretty old/nasty from my college days anyway), and maybe the 'entertainment center' which has nothing in it. I don't know ... I feel weird getting rid of it, since then there would be no true couch or chair type furniture in the house ... but the truth is they haven't been used in years. I saw a facebook friend's picture where she had that fold up camping type furniture in her apartment ... I thought ... hm ... that's a perfect/great idea!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts

Do you live alone? Do you have a Significant other? Do you hope to have one some day? Those things have a bit of a bearing on furniture choices.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts

Load up your entertainment center with carboys.

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Hm well those are interesting questions Reevy. I do live alone ... and I don't have a significant other ... do I hope to again someday ... I don't know, m a y b e. To be honest the house I live in, inside is in kind of rough shape, it's an 1850's house that was last updated in maybe 1980 ... This furniture has stains and stuff on it from things getting spilled, and from cats digging at it ... and it is consuming valuable space in the brew room, er, I mean living room. But it would feel odd not having these pieces of true 'furniture' in the house. My sister tried to help me out and put out all kinds of candles, fake flowers, lamps and stuff for me a few years ago to help me 'decorate' and make that 'pretty girl you have over' be willing, but ... slowly over the years since I've gotten rid of all that stuff to make room for other applications.

Hm load up the entertainment center with carboys ... great idea!!!

I have the spare bedroom, which was my gun room, now set up as my brewing room, with maybe 6 6.5g carboys and 8 5g carboys and some 1g bottles too, plus my saurkraut, and it's getting crowed.

Home depot is supposed to deliver my 7 cu ft chest freezer for my keezer Saturday, and honestly, right now, I have no idea where I am going to put it.

The 'master bedroom' is my workout room and is pretty full ...

Old 09-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts

No, you do not need a loveseat and/or chair.

My brewery is my laundry room. I would have a TON more space for brewing if we could eliminate that huge washer and dryer.

Clean clothes are overrated, as are loveseats and chairs.

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Haha .. the washer and dryer I am not parting with ... though I did manage to squeeze a small chest freezer in the laundry room. The loveseat and chair yes I am willing to part with, I think at least the loveseat and possibly entertainment center will go to make room for the chest freezer. My kombucha brewing is right in front of the loveseat so that will take some careful work to relocate too. Ugh the carpeting in that room has to be at least 30 years old. But it's offgased all its formaldehyde and such so there is no way I would put in new carpet.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
TonyG
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Dallas, TX
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Hmm, how about a custom built couch with a temperature controlled compartment under the seat...

I just recently, well 2 weeks ago, added a couch and chair to my living room, only took 4 years to get around to that. Yes, I live alone...and only added the furniture to be closer to my kegerator

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Oh you might be on to something! How about a couch with the temp controller ... but also small kegerators under the flip up seats! This couch doesn't flip out into a bed, it flips out into a party center!

Argh it hurts to think about it but my house is in such state that not having a loveseat or couch would be very low on my list of concerns for attracting a suitable significant other.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2195 Times on 1376 Posts

If that furniture has no meaning. Toss it.

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade

Roger that over, it's just about as good as gone. This house has really narrow doors and I remember having to have a friend literally squeeze this furniture thorugh the narrow opening about 10 years ago. So getting it back out will be interesting. Hm though I do now have a sawzall .....

bioguy Likes This