I am an idiot - Page 56 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am an idiot

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #551
Obliviousbrew
 
Obliviousbrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Posts: 1,567
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts


Well only 49 posts to the idiotic double black ipa. Wesley you should start working on your recipe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #552
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
static's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 644
Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts


I read where Marty said you didn't need a separate coagulator when using flax vs flux. As the flax compensates for the density differences in the space time curve within the fermentor.

Maybe if i do it Gangnam style it will help.
__________________
The yeast knows what it's doing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #553
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
louisville
Posts: 12,960
Liked 1672 Times on 1251 Posts


I am f****** pissed. this was a serious discussion about makin good drinkable stuff out of some useless animals like turtles and stuff and you turn this into a discussion about the Damned flux capacitor which does not exist.

static Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #554
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew
Well only 49 posts to the idiotic double black ipa. Wesley you should start working on your recipe.
Wow, we're getting close! Looks like I'll be brewing a black IPA when I get home from Chicago at the beginning of October. The recipe is semi-there. Of course it will go through many drafts before I decide on the perfect one. But it will be grand and definitely idiotic!
20lbs crocahamsturtles
3lbs various rodents
1lb barn owl pellets
5oz rabbit ears
3oz pure stupidity
2L Yeast starter from a beard hair I stole from John Maier while he was sleeping.

Wait.......I'm an idiot!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #555
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
static's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 644
Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I am f****** pissed. this was a serious discussion about makin good drinkable stuff out of some useless animals like turtles and stuff and you turn this into a discussion about the Damned flux capacitor which does not exist.
This from the guy who brews with mythical creatures...

The topic came about as a way to solve potential problems with said useless animal brew in the past from the future. Yet another tool in the brewing box.

And im using flax not flux... sheesh... noob.

You don't like my Lambo replica?
__________________
The yeast knows what it's doing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #556
bleme
 
bleme's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Visalia, CA
Posts: 2,100
Liked 320 Times on 234 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
Wow, we're getting close! Looks like I'll be brewing a black IPA when I get home from Chicago at the beginning of October. The recipe is semi-there. Of course it will go through many drafts before I decide on the perfect one. But it will be grand and definitely idiotic!
20lbs crocahamsturtles
3lbs various rodents
1lb barn owl pellets
5oz rabbit ears
3oz pure stupidity
2L Yeast starter from a beard hair I stole from John Maier while he was sleeping.

Wait.......I'm an idiot!
I don't see how you are going to get anywhere near black without roasting the rodents.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #557
Jaehnig
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 226
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


I heat the properties of baby powder added to your beer make the bottles as soft as a baby's bald spot. Any takers?
__________________
V/R,
BrewTech

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #558
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bleme

I don't see how you are going to get anywhere near black without roasting the rodents.
Well, I planned on using exclusively black rodents. But I think the roasting would add a nice touch. I also might boil this in a hot tar pot. That should add some good color.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #559
menerdari
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
, Ohio
Posts: 667
Liked 69 Times on 60 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaehnig View Post
I heat the properties of baby powder added to your beer make the bottles as soft as a baby's bald spot. Any takers?
I believe the powder is for aroma , you want the oil for softness.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #560
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Irish red
Dunkelweizen
Imperial stout
Old ale
Traditional bock

Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am an idiot OHIOSTEVE Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 12 04-15-2010 03:36 PM
Wow Im an Idiot! Please Help DtownRiot Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 8 12-22-2008 04:02 PM
I MIGHT be an idiot but.. JMU_Alumn08 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 8 12-09-2008 03:48 AM
Help for an idiot slugdoug Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 09-03-2008 08:55 PM
Am I an idiot? Hooraybeer! Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 34 01-05-2008 01:11 AM


Forum Jump