I am an idiot - Page 46 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am an idiot

Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #451
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA
Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Bravo! You really pull the idiot thing off well.
I'm not sure, but that might have hurt my feeling.

Maybe I'll go find another thread to express my level of distress over the Buffalo Bills Hot Wings scandal.

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #452
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS
I assume brewing in Canada is pretty much the same as brewing in America except there's a lot of people saying eh, and eating thin slices of ham that are called bacon but in no way resemble bacon. And you probably have to drink blended weak whiskey and beer from a brewery named after a condition where there is no perceivable space between your eyebrows.
Well, we actually call bacon the same way you guys do. That ham stuff is called "back bacon", and a very delicious version of it that's brined (practically pickled) and rolled in cornmeal is called "peameal bacon". Yum. But when you ask for bacon here, you get the same strips of meat you'd get if you asked for bacon in the US.

Also, I hate CR and CC whiskey with a passion, though there are some much smaller distilleries that make decent stuff. And Unibrow's Trois Pistoles is what turned me on to craft beer as my first legal beer purchase after turning 19 |:-)

Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #453
leftcontact
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Burke, VA
Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grem135
I want to make a turtle stout, gator hopped but I'm still an extract brewer. Any hope for me?
Hopping with gators is tricky in that since they haven't evolved as much over the last 300,000 years as turtles have, their enzymes don't break down in a turtle stout. For this to work correctly you need to add LGA. DGA is also available, but I find that 16 oz of LGA per pound of gator works well and is conveniently available.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #454
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

Well, we actually call bacon the same way you guys do. That ham stuff is called "back bacon", and a very delicious version of it that's brined (practically pickled) and rolled in cornmeal is called "peameal bacon". Yum. But when you ask for bacon here, you get the same strips of meat you'd get if you asked for bacon in the US.

Also, I hate CR and CC whiskey with a passion, though there are some much smaller distilleries that make decent stuff. And Unibrow's Trois Pistoles is what turned me on to craft beer as my first legal beer purchase after turning 19 |:-)
Hey, I knew you'd respond. I was just poking a little fun. I actually hope one day to make it to Canada. Years ago I halfway planned a trip to Canada, but then I ended up getting married and life kinda got in the way. But one day I'll make it there.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #455
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA

The only thing I don't like about DGE is how it gets all in your arm hairs when stirring into your kettle.
Sticky arm hair sucks DD.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #456
Jaehnig
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Dried turtle makes a wonderful addition to my brown turtle stew ale

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #457
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

The good thing about dry hoppng with a croc is that the loss of beer per absorption is a lot less than if you dry hop with hamsters for instance. And the fact that a croc can survive in water-like ambient ends up saving you some buck in the long run. I donīt know about you guys but Iīm tired of spending a lot of money in hamsters in every batch of beer I make, after a couple of hours hamsters sink to the bottom and die, or in other words they die and then sink to the bottom (yes hamster corpses donīt float in beer). Efforts trying to harvest dead hamsters and bring them back to life have been widely studied by professor Frankestein with some success but with many negative side effects like been chased by an angry mob carrying torches. So yes dry hop with crocs I know is quite an investment to make but I prefer spending some money now and forget about it.
A non so expensive option is to go with turtles but of course there is always the chance that the turtle runs away with your wife. If you are tired of your wife get a turtle if you hate your wife get a croc and make her help you brew.
Ahhhh brewing! gives the chance to do one of the things that I enjoy the most: mistreating wildlife.!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #458
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA

Exactly. That's why I've always said that hamster reanimation is a waste of time and money. And who wants to take the risk of being attacked hordes of angry birds? Canadian bacon, American bacon, it's all the same to a pig stealing eggs...at least in the end.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #459
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew
The good thing about dry hoppng with a croc is that the loss of beer per absorption is a lot less than if you dry hop with hamsters for instance. And the fact that a croc can survive in water-like ambient ends up saving you some buck in the long run. I donīt know about you guys but Iīm tired of spending a lot of money in hamsters in every batch of beer I make, after a couple of hours hamsters sink to the bottom and die, or in other words they die and then sink to the bottom (yes hamster corpses donīt float in beer). Efforts trying to harvest dead hamsters and bring them back to life have been widely studied by professor Frankestein with some success but with many negative side effects like been chased by an angry mob carrying torches. So yes dry hop with crocs I know is quite an investment to make but I prefer spending some money now and forget about it.
A non so expensive option is to go with turtles but of course there is always the chance that the turtle runs away with your wife. If you are tired of your wife get a turtle if you hate your wife get a croc and make her help you brew.
Ahhhh brewing! gives the chance to do one of the things that I enjoy the most: mistreating wildlife.!!!
Your LHBS doesn't sell SCUBA equipment for the hamsters? Or at the very least snorkels and floaties? Believe me I almost exclusively dry croc, but hamsters can add some complexity that only a hairy rodent can provide.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #460
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
Your LHBS doesn't sell SCUBA equipment for the hamsters? Or at the very least snorkels and floaties? Believe me I almost exclusively dry croc, but hamsters can add some complexity that only a hairy rodent can provide.
Quite right. And now you know why I named my brewery Hamsterbite.