I am an idiot - Page 102 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am an idiot

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #1011
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
static's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 644
Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
I knew someone would appreciate my brilliance one day. Next time just ask. I feel a little violated
How do you think i feel... you do get used to it after a while so there is that.
__________________
The yeast knows what it's doing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #1012
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort

I knew someone would _____ my _____ one day. Next time just ask. I feel a little violated
Good ole unnecessary censorship.

http://youtu.be/wn6Lfo-K41Y

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #1013
Whattawort
 
Whattawort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Posts: 910
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
Good ole unnecessary censorship.

http://youtu.be/wn6Lfo-K41Y
Aww...you gave me a sad.
__________________
Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #1014
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
louisville
Posts: 12,960
Liked 1671 Times on 1251 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by static

How do you think i feel... you do get used to it after a while so there is that.
It was all for a good cause. Unlike your rather trivial look into the minds of my National geographic crew to see their spud intentions.....I was meticulously planning out ruling the whole post-apocalyptic thingy.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #1015
Whattawort
 
Whattawort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Posts: 910
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3

It was all for a good cause. Unlike your rather trivial look into the minds of my National geographic crew to see their spud intentions.....I was meticulously planning out ruling the whole post-apocalyptic thingy.
You can have it. Too much responsibility for me. I'll just make the zombie limb beer.
__________________
Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #1016
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
louisville
Posts: 12,960
Liked 1671 Times on 1251 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
You can have it. Too much responsibility for me. I'll just make the zombie limb beer.
does the alcohol kill off the T-virus?

May be coincidence, but people I have known who brew that alwayse seem to end up undead. Of course, harvesting the limbs can be precarious to say the least, and may explain away all of the infections, but I am wary still.

The occasional dead killer whale in my brews grosses me out. I can appreciate the funk, but how in the eff do you sanitize a rotting human arm?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #1017
Whattawort
 
Whattawort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Posts: 910
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
does the alcohol kill off the T-virus?

May be coincidence, but people I have known who brew that alwayse seem to end up undead. Of course, harvesting the limbs can be precarious to say the least, and may explain away all of the infections, but I am wary still.

The occasional dead killer whale in my brews grosses me out. I can appreciate the funk, but how in the eff do you sanitize a rotting human arm?
Who said I was using the arms?? Toss the limb in the wort at 60min and baddabing! it's sanitized. Just strain it out when you transfer to the fermenter. They can only be used on the hot side. If you use them for dry limbing, the T virus will infect the beer. Imagine the odor of dead bears and whales with the appearance of a sour and the taste of hot arse and cabbage and you'll get an idea of what you're in for.
__________________
Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #1018
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
louisville
Posts: 12,960
Liked 1671 Times on 1251 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
Who said I was using the arms?? Toss the limb in the wort at 60min and baddabing! it's sanitized. Just strain it out when you transfer to the fermenter. They can only be used on the hot side. If you use them for dry limbing, the T virus will infect the beer. Imagine the odor of dead bears and whales with the appearance of a sour and the taste of hot arse and cabbage and you'll get an idea of what you're in for.
Man I feel like a NOOB!!!lol.

Don't know why I just assumed that dry limbing was the only way!!

Ever mash the dead limbs? The boil would kill the virus obviously......

OK. There it is. How much flavor and aroma is left after 60 minutes in the boil?

That is why I assumed dry limbing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #1019
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3

Man I feel like a NOOB!!!lol.

Don't know why I just assumed that dry limbing was the only way!!

Ever mash the dead limbs? The boil would kill the virus obviously......

OK. There it is. How much flavor and aroma is left after 60 minutes in the boil?

That is why I assumed dry limbing.
I prefer FWL (first wort limbing)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #1020
Whattawort
 
Whattawort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Posts: 910
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3

Man I feel like a NOOB!!!lol.

Don't know why I just assumed that dry limbing was the only way!!

Ever mash the dead limbs? The boil would kill the virus obviously......

OK. There it is. How much flavor and aroma is left after 60 minutes in the boil?

That is why I assumed dry limbing.
There's just a perfect amount of sourness and twang @ 60. I'm too chicken to do any limb additions after 60. I want that virus dead.
__________________
Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am an idiot OHIOSTEVE Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 12 04-15-2010 03:36 PM
Wow Im an Idiot! Please Help DtownRiot Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 8 12-22-2008 04:02 PM
I MIGHT be an idiot but.. JMU_Alumn08 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 8 12-09-2008 03:48 AM
Help for an idiot slugdoug Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 09-03-2008 08:55 PM
Am I an idiot? Hooraybeer! Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 34 01-05-2008 01:11 AM


Forum Jump