Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Please eviserate my recipe :)

Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #21
steelersrbrun
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Tiny is a great brew but not all that roasty.....use all your roasted malt at vourlauf....it sounds interesting...can't wait wait to hear how it turns out.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
lwcm
Recipes 

I think I need to pick up another bottle of 6 of Tiny for...you know...research .

Been away from HBT but glad to read all the responses. EXCELLENT point on saving some room in the pot for adjustments on temp. I got a MAJOR upgrade on my brew gear for my birthday and now have a 12.5 gal pot and a Blichmann floor burner so I'm pondering going the AG route with this. Not certain yet.

@steelersbrun: How do you use the roasted grains at vorlauf? I've heard it mentioned before but never researched further.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
steelersrbrun
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

@steelersbrun: How do you use the roasted grains at vorlauf? I've heard it mentioned before but never researched further.[/QUOTE]

Simple....just don't add the roasted grain until after your sac rest. Just stir them in just before vorlauf and that's it.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 59

My setup is very similar to the OP's. 10 lbs BIAB is about the max I can do in a 4 gallon pot. Leaving 1" of head space it only fits about one quart of water per pound of grain. My efficiency suffers because of it at around 60% even with a dunk sparge. It probably doesn't help that I like a high wheat percentage on my beers either. Steeping the specialty grains is a good idea as well. It will reduce your ferment-ability a little, so if you want a little more sweetness this will work in your favor.