National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Ebrewsupply 30a 2 element / 2 pid kit

Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 35

No you have to buy them separate.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
kickz28
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker View Post
Yea I'd say the kit is pretty complete. The schematics leave a lot to be desired. My brother in law called me last night and said that there are some things on there that don't make sense. He's an electrician so I believe him. I also looked at it and there were a few things I would have done differently. Other than that though, all the parts seem to be quality, and the shipping was fairly fast. I got the heatsink seperately from heatsinksusa.com Their prices are a bit more reasonable.
Can you comment on what didn't make sense or what you would have done differently?

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these.

Thanks

Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
MadGus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default ebrewsupply.com kits

+1... interested in what didn't make sense, and also what size enclosure you'd recommend.

-gc

Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I'll have to talk to him but I know the one big thing is that the Schematic uses a different PID than what is needed. You should use a 2325 and that is a 2324. The other thing is the color coding and gauge size. There is a lot of yellow on that diagram so it is sometimes hard to make out what is what. They are the main things. I don't think there was anything that was safety related. I would go ahead and get it. Nice kit for the price.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I believe I bought a 16 x 14 x 8 panel. Personally I would go with what either he supplys or what the Kals build requires. Even this is a bit tight but works.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
TwoDogBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 27

What was your total cost so far in your build.. I am looking at his as alternative kit. http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/pa...t-for-building

Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
kickz28
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker View Post
I'll have to talk to him but I know the one big thing is that the Schematic uses a different PID than what is needed. You should use a 2325 and that is a 2324. The other thing is the color coding and gauge size. There is a lot of yellow on that diagram so it is sometimes hard to make out what is what. They are the main things. I don't think there was anything that was safety related. I would go ahead and get it. Nice kit for the price.
Thanks, I guess the schematic was updated since you bought yours because the new one uses 2362 PIDs.

Also, there is still a lot of yellow on there, but the schematic has 11 different pages so you can see each wire colour individually

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/designs/P...D-Electric.pdf

Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #28
hatrickwah
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickz28 View Post
Thanks, I guess the schematic was updated since you bought yours because the new one uses 2362 PIDs.

Also, there is still a lot of yellow on there, but the schematic has 11 different pages so you can see each wire colour individually

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/designs/P...D-Electric.pdf
Sorry guys, I'm happy to help on these. The drawing currently up is a few iterations old. I have done a number of tweaks since, but I have also been wrestling server problems, so I had let the drawings online go out of date (clue is the mis-spelling of electric in the top right box). The PID I use in the drawing should be based on the 2362 model. This is a good, basic PID unit, but the drawings can be quickly updated to others.

The enclosure that I have in stock should be the same size as Kal's. This was mainly because it was a good place to start, and now, having built a few panels, I can vouch for space.

If you have any questions, please PM or email me, I usually work nights on this all, so I have an eye out for questions.

Nice build CoalCracker, I hope its working well for you.

Electric Brewing Supply

My e-Brewery | Keezer Build & Tap Tower Refurbish |Glycol System

Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #29
kickz28
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickwah View Post
Sorry guys, I'm happy to help on these. The drawing currently up is a few iterations old. I have done a number of tweaks since, but I have also been wrestling server problems, so I had let the drawings online go out of date (clue is the mis-spelling of electric in the top right box). The PID I use in the drawing should be based on the 2362 model. This is a good, basic PID unit, but the drawings can be quickly updated to others.

The enclosure that I have in stock should be the same size as Kal's. This was mainly because it was a good place to start, and now, having built a few panels, I can vouch for space.

If you have any questions, please PM or email me, I usually work nights on this all, so I have an eye out for questions.

Nice build CoalCracker, I hope its working well for you.
Thanks. It looks like you updated the schematic? The word electric is spelled right now.

Also, I want to get 2352 for my PIDs instead of 2362, I think I can just swap it and not change any of the wiring, right?

Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #30
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

No, the wiring is different. Compare the schematics with the white papers that came with the PID.

All powered up. Came out great!