Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Chillers and Stir Plates > To stir or not?

Old 09-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
advogold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default To stir or not?

I made a stir plate. It was good but I'm
having trouble keeping the bar centered. I used earth magnets mounted on a washer it'll spin and be fine but inconsistent. As it jumps to side of jar and gives me a hell of a time getting back centered. I was planning on using my one gallon carboy to build my yeast. I don't know if I ca add a magnet to center of fan or if it would help. I'm sure there are people with way more knowledge and experience resolving this issue. Lots of threads but I didn't have time to search them all for resolutions. Cheers

Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
hatepickingnames
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I just built my own using a hard drive magnet. In reading i found some setups work better with 1or 2 inch bars. Try a diff size maybe.
Cascade pale
Berliner weiß
Munich/pilsener lager
Secondary-
Berliner weiß
Kegged-
Kolsch
Wit
Nitro english sweet stout