I have an Decemberfest (oktoberfest that I was late starting). It got a bit out of hand and I have a OG of 1.075 (new equipment changed efficiency). Pitched plenty of yeast. Pitched at 45F, sat there for a couple days, then raised to 52, where its fermenting now.
I left my last sample out at room temp to see how far it would ferment. It ended at 1.021 which, if my math is correct, would give me 72%.
Currently, the batch is at 1.030ish after 2 weeks and still going. I'm going to have to go out of town for a week. Would it be ok to raise it to 68 now, then start the lagering process when I get back? Or would you wait until I return.
Typically, I like to raise it with the last couple points to go, so the yeast is still going. I find I can do shorter rests that way. But I dunno if I'll be here for that.
Not a big deal, but what would you do?