Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Wort Lost to Hop Debris

Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
TyTanium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 551 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsquared View Post
I do not squeeze the bag, since I don't want to risk contaminating the wort with anything that might be on my hands.
I squeeze the bag all the time, never had a problem. Remember, they're hops - nearly infection-proof. Usually get an extra quart.

Just dip your hands in sanitizer. Or gloves.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
starrfish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
I squeeze the bag all the time, never had a problem. Remember, they're hops - nearly infection-proof. Usually get an extra quart.

Just dip your hands in sanitizer. Or gloves.
I usually just roll hop bag (after giving hands a spray of starsan) from hop spider almost like a tube of toothpaste. It's usually way too hot to squeeze with hands. If I don't squeeze I just let hop bag in until final kettle run out, most of the liquid has drained out by then.

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”