Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy - Page 12 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #111
CidahMastah
 
CidahMastah's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
, New York
Posts: 4,242
iTrader: (2)
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts


Also, is anyone interested in Simcoe hops?

I have a line in on some that are being sold for $24 a lb + shipping. I am not making any money off of this but we could get these in time for the group buy if people wanted them. I am not sure if I could get a discounted price if we bought a significant about. There may be up to 28lbs available (pellet, 2011 I think 13% AA, in food saver type bags frozen).

Shipped by flat rate box. medium box costs 11.35 and may hold 5 lbs. There is a large box for 15.45 that holds more but not sure on how many.

let me know interest ASAP if there is any.
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #112
jeffb418
 
jeffb418's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Clay/Syracuse, New York
Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah View Post
Also, is anyone interested in Simcoe hops?

I have a line in on some that are being sold for $24 a lb + shipping. I am not making any money off of this but we could get these in time for the group buy if people wanted them. I am not sure if I could get a discounted price if we bought a significant about. There may be up to 28lbs available (pellet, 2011 I think 13% AA, in food saver type bags frozen).

Shipped by flat rate box. medium box costs 11.35 and may hold 5 lbs. There is a large box for 15.45 that holds more but not sure on how many.

let me know interest ASAP if there is any.
I'm in for a lb!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #113
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
iTrader: (0)
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


Yikes, pretty steep
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #114
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
iTrader: (0)
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


I mean I guess that's only 1.50 an ounce but when you are used to buying a pound for $8, it seems like a lot.
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #115
jeffb418
 
jeffb418's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Clay/Syracuse, New York
Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
I mean I guess that's only 1.50 an ounce but when you are used to buying a pound for $8, it seems like a lot.
Its a very hard hop to find for a cheap price due to its high demand.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #116
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
iTrader: (0)
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


Yeah understandable, simcoe and citra, always impossible to find. Amarillo too.
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #117
CidahMastah
 
CidahMastah's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
, New York
Posts: 4,242
iTrader: (2)
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Yeah understandable, simcoe and citra, always impossible to find. Amarillo too.
Yeah the cost is good for the type of hop. I actually already bought a lb from this guy so I am all set for this type. Just letting you guys know I have personal experience with him. In the future he might be able to get a line in in quantity on other hop types. So I will let people know as he lets me know too.
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #118
chrisp522
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
fayetteville, ny
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


The check is in the proverbial mail, really.

jeffb418 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #119
CidahMastah
 
CidahMastah's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
, New York
Posts: 4,242
iTrader: (2)
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts


Thanks Chrisp!

I received two checks today:
kzhusker - 116
bierhaus15 - 176

Thanks!!
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #120
lawle102
 
lawle102's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
, NY
Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


I would take a pound of Simcoe. Let me know if you can get it for the drop off as I had to make some arrangements for someone to hold me stuff overnight. I will send payment with my bulk order for it.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy CidahMastah Group Buys 1305 09-05-2012 01:43 PM
Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy CidahMastah Group Buys 1250 03-18-2012 02:50 AM
Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy CidahMastah Group Buys 857 11-14-2011 12:05 AM
SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 4 Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 346 10-06-2011 08:25 PM
SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 650 06-30-2011 12:53 PM


Forum Jump