Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Lee's Mild w/Irish Ale Yeast
Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Default Lee's Mild w/Irish Ale Yeast

Hey All,

I've been in a silent lull for a while so I thought I would just throw this out there for the sake of typing something.

I've got a batch of Stone's recipe "Lee's Mild" slowly plugging away down in the basement. I decided to run it with some of Wyeast's Irish Ale yeast. Currently it's sitting in a water bath of about 59/60 degrees as I am trying to run this as low as possible. Fermentation started last night and it's still going at a clip of about 3 bubbles per minute - very nice and slow.

I've done about 5 batches since moving back to the States, all of them I didn't monitor the temps too much since I honestly don't care. The first 3 came out very nice - albeit a bit fruity. I did an imperial stout which is going to age for 8 months, so I let that go around 75 w/o too much worries. The final was a super hoppy IPA that also ran around 75. However, I want this one to be minimal esters and ultra crisp and refreshing.

Hope all are well!

Primary: Beer
Bottled: Beer
Future Brews: Beer