I've never had a stuck sparge, but have read threads about it just in case. Now I have one and the tricks aren't working.
I just mashed 19 lbs of grain in water steeped with roasted pumpkin pie mix (in resin bag).
When my sarge stuck at the beginning of my first runnings, I blew back into the tube. It didn't work, so I tried several more times to no avail.
Thinking the weight of the grain might be too heavy I used a colander to remove some from my tun. Still no luck.
I dumped my tun into another large cooler and checked the screen. It was fine so I added some mash (mostly water) back into the tun - just enough to cover the screen tube. It clogged again.
The liquid is thick from the pumpkin that dissolved and I'm sure that this is the problem. What should I do next.