Naming my brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nrreynol

Reaction score
Hey guys I am working on a business plan for starting a small microbrewery and I am having a hard time finalizing a name so I figured I would ask for some help. The market strategy behind the brewery is to promote beer that is better for you and the Earth, with sustainable brewing practices and focusing on local and organic ingredients. I would really like to use a gnome for the logo since they represent to me a human-like creature that is really in touch with nature; I read something about gnomes once that said they are so apart of nature that they can walk through Earth like we walk through water. I've come to a stand still in the plan because of the lack of name, it's like raising a baby without giving it a name. According to a lot of market research that I have been reading its better to stick with a name that has two syllables, for better name recognition however as long as it flows it should be ok.

Here are a few names that I've been playing around with:

Blue Gnome: sounds almost too close to blue point tho.
Earthen Gnome: 3 syllables I know.
Earthen Creature: 4 syllables but sort of still flows.

Something along those lines, just something that people would read and see an immediate connection to nature. The rest of the name can be any combination of craft brewery, brewing company, brewery, brewing co..

From the Latin gnomus which means earth dweller. Gnomus brewing? The Nimble Gnome?

The Nimble Gnome sounds like a bar name in a village in D&D.

+1 to Gnomus Brewing Co.

Also, maybe:
Gnome Garden
Gnome Heart
Green Thumb (with gnomish logo)
Gnatural Gnome

Gnarly Gnome sounds cool.

Grassy Gnome
Great Gnome
Grateful Gnome
Natural Gnome
Funky Gnome :)
Cosmic Gnome
Organic Gnome
Living Gnome
Ancient Gnome
Super Gnome
Native Gnome

Hope these sprout some ideas!!

spicoli2.jpg

Heavenly Gnome
Free Gnome
Gnome's Tooth
Gnome's Lair
Gnome's Nook
Gnome's Spirit
Gnome's Hollow

Just be careful not to make things look like Travelocity's Roaming Gnome or you might get sued. Not a fan of your gnome theme, but I don't have anything better. I'm going to name mine on a myth of my local area spelling it in such a manner to have some play on words. Good luck to you.

Try Bio Gnome. We tag bio on all green friendly products. Its also a play on biodome. Also if you are going green look into biodynamics its the highest level of earth care.

Gnome House.
Drunken Gnome. Hm, determined that one.

Natures Necture. And have a gnome as your logo.

Belching Gnome.

None of those really sound like a well established restaurant.

The whole Gnome thing, as you describe it, is kinda creepy.

I was intrigued by the sustainable, organic, and local angle of your plan, but when you started talking about gnomes, I got a little weirded out.

When presenting a business plan, stick to the facts and positive attributes of the business, and leave out some of the more "personal" feelings.

With that in mind.......The Knotty Gnome brewery.....with a tasteful,not comical, picture of a gnome made of knotty wood, maybe even holding a mug up in a "cheers" kind of pose. Gives the impression of a natural wood carving, and for those people who like to put a perverse spin on things(like myself), they could say it like "naughty Gnome".

Just my 2C

I think some of you guys have missed the point, help on namibg a brewery with a gnome theme was asked not how many breweries can you name that have a gnome as a logo. Go with bio gnome it has so many possabilities if you dont take it I will.

The gnome idea does seem less attractive in the morning doesn't it.

It's his brewery. He wants it to be gnomey, then dad gum it should be that way!

Polite suggestions will help more than criticisms.

I think Druids would be more appropriate and at least, non-fictional. Butt, since opinions are like arseholes, I suggest:

American Gnomebrewers Association.

maddad said:
I think Druids would be more appropriate and at least, non-fictional. Butt, since opinions are like arseholes, I suggest:

American Gnomebrewers Association.

I retract my last submission.

Gnomebrewers Guild.

Picture a Gnome laying under a mushroom drinking a pint.

These name ideas are great. As far as the gnome for a logo, it's a figure that environmentalists should aspire to be like. To be so attuned with nature that you can walk through solid earth as easily as humans can walk through air is pretty amazing in an ecological sense. If you erase the image of cheap plastic garden gnomes from your mind and think of any other gnomes you have witnessed, they are usually in a natural setting harvesting berries or plants or talking/riding wild animals (ie. connecting with nature.) This is the idea that I am going for, if there are other figures like gnomes that represent the same ideals then please go ahead and share them. As far as the name goes I would like to be a little less obvious with the gnome idea so that the name can stand alone without always having to have a gnome behind it. For example Earthen Creature is sort of like this and can be read on its own but with the gnome figure with it people will understand that a gnome is also considered an earthen-like creature.

Well,to go along with your PC ideas,
This Island Ale (old B movie from my day,this island earth)
Maybe a gnome-like earth spirit like a ghost image over a pic of earth from Apollo or the like.

Back