keg system upgradeablity - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > keg system upgradeablity

Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
KuntzBrewing
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Kokomo, Indiana
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Im looking into buying a kegging system. Probably a single corney keg system. My question is if i decide i want two+ kegs in the future could i just add on to my single keg setup fairly easily

Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Koffie
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Lelystad, Netherlands
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

Sure you can add one, but how do you plan to tap the beer from the kegs?
If you are going to bild a kegerator or keezer you should add an extra faucet when you add an extra keg. If you just us a picknicktap you should buy an extra picknicktap.

On the other hand, it is no problem to have more kegs than faucets. You can build an stock on filled kegs and change the keg whenever you like, since you can easily disconnect a keg halfway.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
BirdmanBrewingCo
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntzBrewing View Post
Im looking into buying a kegging system. Probably a single corney keg system. My question is if i decide i want two+ kegs in the future could i just add on to my single keg setup fairly easily
Yep - very easily. You buy a single kit like this: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-ki...dard-homebrew/

And then you just add a WYE splitter or manifold like these down the road to split the gas coming out of your regulator to go into all of your future kegs: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/gas-sp...s-accessories/

As the previous poster noted, you will also obviously need to add additional dispensing mechanisms for each keg - whether more picnic taps, or fridge shank/taps, depending on your setup.