Star Trek or Star Wars? - Page 9 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Star Trek or Star Wars?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #81
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

These... kits...aren't going.....to sell....themselves.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120906_025023.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	74652  

People Like This 
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #82
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4859 Times on 3275 Posts

Remember that episode where Spock came through the transporter with an evil twin? I think it was called, "DOPPLESPOCK"...

If they had craft beer on the Enterprise, Jean-Luc Pickard would order an, "Oberon, Cold, No Fruit."

Scotty: "I'm sorry Captain. I cannot repair the warp drive now. I have to repair the phase inverter on the Therminator first!"

Someone should brew a "Red Shirt Red" in honor of all of those brave young actors who gave their lives in setting up the plot line!

Bones: "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a microbiologist! Maybe you pitched too warm!"

Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's 5 year mission to..
Psst! We only have enough beer for 3 years!
It's 3 YEAR MISSION to seek out strange new life and...

DromJohn Likes This 
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #83
thepartsmancometh

Recipes 

Jan 2010
central, IL
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal
Remember that episode where Spock came through the transporter with an evil twin? I think it was called, "DOPPLESPOCK"...

If they had craft beer on the Enterprise, Jean-Luc Pickard would order an, "Oberon, Cold, No Fruit."

Scotty: "I'm sorry Captain. I cannot repair the warp drive now. I have to repair the phase inverter on the Therminator first!"

Someone should brew a "Red Shirt Red" in honor of all of those brave young actors who gave their lives in setting up the plot line!

Bones: "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a microbiologist! Maybe you pitched too warm!"

Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's 5 year mission to..
Maybe they could ferment some of that alleged space sugar

Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #84
tosteen
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister
These... kits...aren't going.....to sell....themselves.
"Scotty! We need more sugar!"

Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #85
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 129 Times on 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepartsmancometh View Post
Maybe they could ferment some of that alleged space sugar
I... read that... in.. the voice...of Captain... James...T... Kirk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #86
alpha224
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal

DoppleSpock Bock
"Set your phasers to stun!" Saison...
Even better yet: "Set your phasers to STOUT"

I honestly can't take a side on the trek v wars argument because I loved the original sw trilogy and grew up watching TNG, but I do get offended when people mix them up.
Also, swmbo actually wants to watch the movies because I have and she hasn't.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #87
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

Original Star Trek although I am a big fan of episodes IV - VI of Star Wars and in the final moments of episode III when the Emporer says "Arise Lord Vador" and you hear the first breath.
Also huge Firefly/Serenity addict.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #88
Erroneous
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor
Original Star Trek although I am a big fan of episodes IV - VI of Star Wars and in the final moments of episode III when the Emporer says "Arise Lord Vador" and you hear the first breath.
Also huge Firefly/Serenity addict.
My biggest gripe about episodes 1-3 were about how the character of Darth vader never really emerged. Sure he killed kids, but I never felt like it was a plausible thing anyway. Oh I'm angry because I can't have love! I'm going to go murder a whole bunch of children that I probably know! And then later I'll just be a well adjusted though evil adult bent on ruling the galaxy instead of finding eternal life

Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #89
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous

My biggest gripe about episodes 1-3 were about how the character of Darth vader never really emerged. Sure he killed kids, but I never felt like it was a plausible thing anyway. Oh I'm angry because I can't have love! I'm going to go murder a whole bunch of children that I probably know! And then later I'll just be a well adjusted though evil adult bent on ruling the galaxy instead of finding eternal life
Anakin was such a little whiner baby in II an III it was painful to watch. Very un-Vaderlike. There's no way that guy would have scored with Natalie Portman in real life.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #90
snyklez
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

Anakin was such a little whiner baby in II an III it was painful to watch. Very un-Vaderlike. There's no way that guy would have scored with Natalie Portman in real life.
Ha ha that's so true. Plus, this thread has made me realize why I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars. Anakin can mow down a bunch of little kids, but has an easy change of heart at the end? Plus, the lightsaber battles were incredible in the newer (prequel) versions, and when you watch the originals, they just seemed geriatric.