Star Trek or Star Wars? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Star Trek or Star Wars?

Old 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9083 Times on 7229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Lol figures. Nothing personal, but I couldn't stand his character in tng, eureka or the guild.
I don't think he's very active, but there's a couple threads here about it.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
ThickHead

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyklez View Post
Ha ha ha, yes! I've seen the toe too! She was hot back in the day when I was in middle school. And that's funny I was just thinking about that episode the other day...they all got entranced by a video game right? Good ole Data had to save the day.
Bah...I never thought Troy was all that. I think even Uhura had more sex appeal back in her day. As far as principal characters (TV Series) go I would have to go with something like this:

T'Pol > Seven of Nine > Hoshi > Jadzia > Uhura > Troy

I am sure I am forgetting someone....but this would be my list.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead View Post
Bah...I never thought Troy was all that. I think even Uhura had more sex appeal back in her day. As far as principal characters (TV Series) go I would have to go with something like this:

T'Pol > Seven of Nine > Hoshi > Jadzia > Uhura > Troy

I am sure I am forgetting someone....but this would be my list.
I'd add Leila Kalomi above Troy. But you are also forgetting Rachel Nichols as Gaila from the reboot and Noa Tishby as Amanda Cole from ENT. Both above Troy and IMO above Jadzia. This list could get looonnnnggggg.

Uhura is hard to place, she got much more attention than the other females on the show, such as Yeoman Janice Rand (Grace Lee Whitney) and Yeoman Teresa Ross (Venita Wolf). But I'm a sucker for blondes so maybe that is my reasoning for the Yoeman....

T'Pol is my favorite character from all the series, just her development as an officer and coming to terms with her emotions was really good writing IMHO.

I'll also add for what it is worth. TNG was crap for IMO sex appeal. Sure they all wore jumpsuits. Tasha Yarr was the best looking and she was killed off early.

Otherwise I agree with your assessment.

I'd like to see a writer on a future Star Trek series write in a scene or weapon's dealer or rouge captain who carries a sword that works exactly like a light saber and claim it to be "An ancient weapon from when times were more civilized." Cause really, that is all SW has going for it. I thought I remembered reading someone say in one of the early episode of TNG there is a character who carries a weapon similar, but have never been able to find it. I could see the gap being bridged as several space quadrants have never been explored.

My favorite series was Enterprise too. then TNG, not sure what order I'd put DS9, OG, or Vo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Goofynewfie
Recipes 

May 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Liked 314 Times on 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark
Tasha Yarr was the best looking and she was killed off early..
I still remember her playboy issue

Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #35
LeBreton
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Finger Lakes, NY
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

For a homebrew website I'm not surprised Startrek is more popular than Starwars . . . Romulan ALE anyone??

Not to mention Klingon blood wine and Pickard's retirement vineyard. Do those prudes in the Starwars universe even drink outside of the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine?

My list:
TNG>DS9>ENT>VOY>OG

Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #36
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 556 Times on 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBreton View Post
Do those prudes in the Starwars universe even drink outside of the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine?
Oh sure...
"That's no blue moon, it's a space saison"
--from the SW beer title thread

Old 09-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #37
snyklez
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium

Oh sure...
"That's no blue moon, it's a space saison"
--from the SW beer title thread
+1. Excellent. My take:

TNG>Voyager>DS9>ENT>OG

Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #38
alchemedes
Recipes 

Jun 2012
portland, oregon
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Star Trek Original Series all the way. Captian Kirk, Bones, Spock, Scotty, Sulu... and ALL the beatiful women!
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOS-Kirk-and-Women.jpg
Views:	1467
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	74064  

Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #39
snyklez
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok, you got me there. That's a winner.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #40
bleme

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Visalia, CA
Liked 320 Times on 234 Posts

I'd have to pick Star Wars over Star Trek. And my favorite of the Trek's is definitely Enterprise.

And the best cameltoe on TV is Wonder Woman in her wetsuit!