Star Trek or Star Wars? - Page 28 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Star Trek or Star Wars?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #271
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

LOL!!!

I'd love to see Whedon do something. Not sure if it's SW, but I love most of his stuff lately.

I'm REALLY not sure about Abrams. I think it would be a disservice to compare his future Star Wars work with what he's already done. I think you have to give the man a chance to do what he can do with it. Other than Michael Bay, most directors can do different things.

And I thought Abrams was great in the ST movies.

Also you have to compare what the future SW films might be compared with what the most recent 3 were like. I think I have reason to be hopeful.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #272
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 553 Times on 389 Posts

Who's writing the script...that's what I really want to know.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #273
Krovitz
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Quincy, MA
Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts

Or Zach Snyder? Slow mo force push... Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwoomp! That's the sound it makes.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #274
bleme
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Visalia, CA
Liked 318 Times on 232 Posts

As long as we are throwing out names, I'd love to see a Quentin Tarantino SW. Did you know that on Tatooine they call a Big Mac a Juicy Hutt?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #275
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleme View Post
As long as we are throwing out names, I'd love to see a Quentin Tarantino SW. Did you know that on Tatooine they call a Big Mac a Juicy Hutt?
Why?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #276
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 126 Times on 104 Posts

If Joss Whedon had directed Star Wars, all of the Storm Troopers would have dropped dead after the Death Star was destroyed. Not sure I can stand behind that for a new episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #277
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

What about James Cameron?
Stormtroopers could all be 9ft tall and blue kind of like smurfs on hyper growth hormone!
SSBN 641 B

Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #278
Vonbrew
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd say Star Wars. Just way more stuff going on like the vehicles, weapons and THE FORCE!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #279
Erroneous
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts

I love Whedon and everything he's done, but I don't know that I'd want him doing such a loved franchise as Star Wars. He did well with Avengers I think, but Whedon normally shines with his own universe. And that normally means something you love is going to die.

I.E. (spoiler alert to Netflix users):
Buffy: Anya, Buffy (several times), Tara, Joyce (Buffy's mom), Jenny Calendar, Kendra, Spike (back in Angel)
Angel: Wesley, Gunn, Doyle, Fred, Cordelia
Firefly/Serenity: Sheperd, Wash
Dollhouse: Topher, November
Cabin in the Woods: absolutely everybody

I do however want to see Whedon either do the Thrawn trilogy or Krytos Trap series, especially Krytos. I think he'd be better with a lesser known set of characters and a government conspiracy.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #280
snyklez
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

So I heard some news outlet today talking about Abrams being the next director of Star Wars, and one of the anchors said something to the effect of, "Star Wars fans hate Star Trek fans and vice versa". That's actually one of the reasons I started this thread. I love Star Trek, but think Star Wars is excellent too. Sure my loyalties lie with Starfleet, but I can definitely acknowledge the great story Star Wars has to offer. I don't hate Star Wars at all. I wanted to see what this forum thought on the matter, and we're almost to 300 posts and not a belligerent word has been said. Sure we all share a common hobby...maybe we aren't indicative of the population as a whole. Maybe homebrewers are more level headed people.

Anyway, I originally posted this thread to drunken ramblings for a reason. I love brewing and drinking my own beer and I love Star Trek.