Star Trek or Star Wars? - Page 12 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Star Trek or Star Wars?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #111
Krovitz

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Quincy, MA
Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts

Star Wars (original trilogy) by far. I'm pretty sure the Force is how wort becomes beer.

And to the gentlemen discussing RPGs. Mass Effect was the greatest. Dragon Age was good. If you love classic bioware games, play The Witcher 2! Different company but same badassery.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #112
Lunchtime

Recipes 

Nov 2011
springfield, missouri
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Star Trek all day long.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #113
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 129 Times on 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovitz View Post
Star Wars (original trilogy) by far. I'm pretty sure the Force is how wort becomes beer.

And to the gentlemen discussing RPGs. Mass Effect was the greatest. Dragon Age was good. If you love classic bioware games, play The Witcher 2! Different company but same badassery.
Witcher 2 was possibly one of the best I've played in a long time, between the DA series and it, man, I don't know...
Never played ME series, but I've never liked FPS, which was why I never got into the series. I should probably do that. Currently though I am working through replaying all my existing games cause I lost all my save data, so recreating it. hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #114
alpha224
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark

Witcher 2 was possibly one of the best I've played in a long time, between the DA series and it, man, I don't know...
Never played ME series, but I've never liked FPS, which was why I never got into the series. I should probably do that. Currently though I am working through replaying all my existing games cause I lost all my save data, so recreating it. hehe.
1. ME was third person...
2. Isn't replaying all those half the fun of keeping them.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #115
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

ME2 was so much more than a FPS... Honestly, and I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm having a really hard time keeping interested with ME3. It just doesn't seem to have the more relaxed "check things out" pace of 2, almost like they're trying to rush you to the finish line. I got 12 hours in and haven't played in awhile.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #116
Krovitz

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Quincy, MA
Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
ME2 was so much more than a FPS... Honestly, and I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm having a really hard time keeping interested with ME3. It just doesn't seem to have the more relaxed "check things out" pace of 2, almost like they're trying to rush you to the finish line. I got 12 hours in and haven't played in awhile.
I felt the same exact way. The first 2 were perfect games. The 3rd one had some great moments but it just wasn't the same.

Landshark: you'll be able to get the entire mass effect trilogy in one collection on November 7.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #117
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
That sucks. The relaxed, retro-scifi feel of the game was a large part of its awesomeness. Still haven't played ME3. You played the original?

Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #118
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

That sucks. The relaxed, retro-scifi feel of the game was a large part of its awesomeness. Still haven't played ME3. You played the original?
I haven't played the first one as I only have a PS3. And yes, I'm leaning more toward it sucks myself. I am literally going to have to force myself to play it again, and hope it grabs.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #119
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:

I haven't played the first one as I only have a PS3.
I figured that might be the case but for some reason I thought you were an Xbox guy. Honestly, the series is best played on the PC anyways.

And I'm not sure if they've released it yet, but I seem to remember a ME1 port was in development for the PS3 (after 3 came out). But part of the coolness is playing it in the right order all on the same system, so that your save file carries through all 3 games and you end up with your own (quasi-) unique story.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #120
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

I figured that might be the case but for some reason I thought you were an Xbox guy. Honestly, the series is best played on the PC anyways.

And I'm not sure if they've released it yet, but I seem to remember a ME1 port was in development for the PS3 (after 3 came out). But part of the coolness is playing it in the right order all on the same system, so that your save file carries through all 3 games and you end up with your own (quasi-) unique story.
See, there's that need to profile... I'm kidding.
Actually the more I think about it the more disappointed I am because actually I didn't think ME really stood up on its merits as a FPS. The controls are sort of clunky compared to, say, Uncharted3 (which may be emulating the controls of some other game FAIK), the AI are kind of retarded, and the maneuverability is cramped (I hate it when you can only jump at a "jumping spot" etc.). That cool dreamy scifi feel was its everything. Wandering around the Citadel in the second game was awesome, staking out Samaras daughter in the club and following her back to the apartment was one of the most surreal moments in any game I've played. It remains the only game ever that I finished and started again immediately. I just can't see 3 delivering that at this point... Sorry I'm tearing up now... I think there's an Occupy Bioware movement from this.