I like the GUI and the concept of a fully built plug and play panel. Having said that I have a lot of questions and concerns that I didn't see on the website. Please do not take offense to these they are just questions/things to think about as you progress. It would be nice to have a plug and play control panel built for brewers by brewers, and this is a very big first step. Great job so far.
A few questions:
1. With the way it is laid out it looks like the panel is very tight making expandability by the end user nearly impossible, especially without a complete system schematic. Will you include a schematic with a shipped system? Would you consider putting it in a bigger enclosure for someone considering running 3 or more elements?
2. From the "system schematic" it looks like 3 probes can only be used for heating and 3 probes can only be used for cooling. Is that a correct assumption? If so how do you propose someone controls a heated/cooled fermentation chamber?
3. My design right now includes HOA switches so I can override automatic control anytime with a simple flip of a switch; without slamming my E-stop. This comes in handy when trying to get every last drop out of the HLT or the BK and waiting to shut the pump off at the last second. Without an HOA switch I would be concerned about fumbling around for a mouse to shut off my pumps.
4. I only have a Mac.
5. The overview mentions that the system can be configured to reduce power if you are running on 30A service. Does that mean it will run both elements at once while simultaneously keeping the current draw below 30A?
6. Would you consider selling partial systems with the controller, software, and a schematic, so that the end user could finish the system to their own design?
Thanks, for posting about this, please keep us updated with your progress.