Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1 down X to go
Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 14 Times on 4 Posts

Default 1 down X to go

I just finished my first brew day. SWMBO helped out and loved the Star San; especially the foam. I don't think I'm going to get the spray bottle back from her. Every time anything went near the cooled wart she wanted to know that it had been sanitized.

We brewed a Copper Ale kit from Midwest and didn't have any major problems. I did have to go to the corner store and get some ice for an ice bath. I was going to try to cool with 2 gallons of frozen spring water, but I didn't get them into the freezer in time and they barely had ice chunks in them. The water got me me down to ~120F in about 2 minutes though. In total it took about 4 hours from to do a 30 minutes steeping and a 2.5 gallon, 1 hour boil with all the prep and cleanup. Getting a 5 gallon SS pot (only $30 at Marshall's) was a good idea. I didn't have to work about a boil over and it had great heat conduction on my stove top.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

Congrats!!! The next few weeks while you wait for it to ferment will be hard! Just be patient!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #3

I'm only 2 weeks ahead of you and the waiting sucks!!!

I did the Autumn Amber Ale from Midwest, great kit and a fantastic experience.

Cheers!!! Hang tight.

Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Bottled: #1 Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: Octane IPA