Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > weyermann Pilsner malt haze

Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
ColoradoHomebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default weyermann Pilsner malt haze

I've run into a common problem with haze on a few beers. Out of a bag of Weyermann Pils malt, I made Maibach, Hefeweizen, Alt, Kolsch, and Oktoberfest. The alt bier I did a protein rest, the others were all single temp infusion. The maibach, kolsch and Oktoberfest all taste the same and are hazy. Not very good taste. I assume it is the yeast I am tasting even though the two lagers were lagered for 2-3 months. All we kegged except the hefe.

The hefe is supposed to be cloudy and I think was fine. The alt was the only one that came out clear. My hypothesis is that this malt may require a protein rest, though odd because I have used in a year ago with bottle condition and it was fine.

Any ideas?