The [very cool] doctor who thread - Page 8 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The [very cool] doctor who thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #71
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
 
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 12,250
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts


Oh my! That picture makes my monitor all messy.

I've just been trawling through some of the old classic stuff on Netflix. It's funny, if you watch them long enough back to back, the cheap cheesiness just seems to drop away a little!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #72
shizzy77
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 46
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


I remember watching Doctor who on PBS as a kid in the very early 80's at my Grandma's on PBS. I was THRILLED to see it come back.

Billie Piper? I don't know why, But I thought she was easy on the eyes.

With that said, I was thinking I need to brew up something related to.

Dalek IPA? It would have to be a west coast style IPA. Punch you in the face, make no apologies recipe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #73
thadius856
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
thadius856's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Marysville
Posts: 2,273
Liked 732 Times on 262 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzy77 View Post
I remember watching Doctor who on PBS as a kid in the very early 80's at my Grandma's on PBS. I was THRILLED to see it come back.

Billie Piper? I don't know why, But I thought she was easy on the eyes.

With that said, I was thinking I need to brew up something related to.

Dalek IPA? It would have to be a west coast style IPA. Punch you in the face, make no apologies recipe.
Better make it Imperial.

(pun intended)
__________________
Was this post helpful? Don't forget to click 'Like'!

Thadius Miller, Project Manager -> RaspberryPints

Before you build a keezer, look at this!
Chest Freezer Spec Sheets and Layout Drawings (15 models and counting)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #74
shizzy77
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 46
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by thadius856 View Post
Better make it Imperial.

(pun intended)
Duh!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #75
BrewingViking
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Howell, New Jersey
Posts: 428
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts


Jan 27th special airing of the first doctor

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #76
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Posts: 8,308
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts


Just watched angels take manhattan. Goodbye, Amelia Pond. You were my first.
__________________
Quote:
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #77
hoppyhoppyhippo
 
hoppyhoppyhippo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 2,714
Liked 415 Times on 339 Posts


Bumping this as someone who's been watching the new Doctor series all in order and at once. I'm not 100% caught up on the latest season so I'm plugging my ears and humming loudly to avoid spoilers but some opinions I have on favorites.

Favorite Doctor = Eccleston aka 9th Doctor. Don't know what it was about him that made him so awesome but he was awesome. I like Smith more than Tennant as well.

Favorite companion - Rose. Love her, she had the best connection to the doctor and was arguably the most enjoyable. But Amy and Rory are a close second. Not a big fan of Martha.

Favorite Villain - Weeping Angels. So freaky.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #78
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Posts: 8,308
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
Favorite Doctor = Eccleston aka 9th Doctor. Don't know what it was about him that made him so awesome
i've said it before, I'll say it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
a person's favorite doctor is always the first doctor they watch.

that's a doctor who fact.
__________________
Quote:
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #79
hoppyhoppyhippo
 
hoppyhoppyhippo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 2,714
Liked 415 Times on 339 Posts


Haha there may be some truth to that. My SWMBO likes Tennant though so I guess she bucks that fact. I think I enjoyed the more serious tones that Eccleston brought. Worked well with Rose and Captain Jack who were the opposite of serious, JMO. Though I'll admit Smith is growing on me. I think my problem with Tennant though was that he was all over the place. Some people may call it range, I call it poor character building, and I'm sure he had a say in it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #80
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
arturo7's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Posts: 9,936
Liked 608 Times on 403 Posts


The current doctor is a tool. It's basically a kid's show now.
__________________
Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump