People are looking out... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > People are looking out...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,770
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts



...for us.

I told a few people in the chat the other night that the Air Force was pretty much 100% going to be sending us to Shreveport, Louisiana (Barksdale AFB)in the next couple of months. SWMBO and I are both active duty so we'd both be sent there. In our opinion it is probably the absolute last place we'd want to go. We really want overseas assignments, not lateral moves to the US, especially to some ****hole base in LA. Too damn hot there! And we have our house to think about.

Anyway, a CMSgt that has been working the issue got us out of the assignment for now. We are totally relieved for the moment. I wouldn't say we are totally out of the water yet, but we aren't drowning anymore either.
Great Friday news!

I'm throwing back a few to celebrate tonight (I gotta wait til 11 PM when I get off of work, but...). What a relief.
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,889
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts


So, does that mean that you guys will be in VA for the forseeable future?

In any case, sounds like good news, so - great to hear!
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Beermaker
The NAVY WALRUS
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Beermaker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
Beautiful Beaumont, TX, TEXAS!!!!!!
Posts: 839
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Hell, I live about 2 hrs or so from there. I will leave an open invite to come brew with me, so you can take some home.
__________________
Why yes, yes I am a metrosexual!

On taps 1,2&3: Una Mas Cerveza, Ham in a Can, IPA
Primary: XINGU Clone, Rye P.A.
2ndary: Low Gluten IPA, Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
Kegged: Sh*tty Orange Hefe, Una Mas Cerveza, Smokin Hot Blonde, Belgian Dubbel
Next up: Una Mas Cerveza, Pecan Pie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,770
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
So, does that mean that you guys will be in VA for the forseeable future?

In any case, sounds like good news, so - great to hear!
I think it is a given that this time next year we will be gone from Virginia, where we don't know. We've asked for Germany, Hawaii and Omaha.

I think right now our preferences are in that order as well. I think Germany is the hardest one to get though.

We have lots of decisions ahead of us depending on where we get sent, as it will likely be my last assignment.
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


Dude:

No matter where you and Les go on this earth, you will always have a place to stay in Phoenix (or wherever I may go someday) and when you will get a visit from me (probably more oftern than you want) no matter where you're stationed.

Consider that a benefit or a curse
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


BTW: I'm at my undisclosed secret wifi bar on lunch. Salud!
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Brewer3401
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Brewer3401's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2004
Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 1,152
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
...for us.

I told a few people in the chat the other night that the Air Force was pretty much 100% going to be sending us to Shreveport, Louisiana (Barksdale AFB)in the next couple of months. SWMBO and I are both active duty so we'd both be sent there. In our opinion it is probably the absolute last place we'd want to go. We really want overseas assignments, not lateral moves to the US, especially to some ****hole base in LA. Too damn hot there! And we have our house to think about.

Anyway, a CMSgt that has been working the issue got us out of the assignment for now. We are totally relieved for the moment. I wouldn't say we are totally out of the water yet, but we aren't drowning anymore either.
Great Friday news!

I'm throwing back a few to celebrate tonight (I gotta wait til 11 PM when I get off of work, but...). What a relief.

I'm in Louisiana. You're right. You want to see a real **** hole - visit New Orleans.
I can say that - born and raised here.
If you just stay in the French Quarter, you'll be fine - don't wander out of there.
__________________
Fermenter: Blonde Ale
Brite tank: -0-
Kegged: -0-

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
Beerrific
 
Beerrific's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Georgia
Posts: 5,562
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer3401
I'm in Louisiana. You're right. You want to see a real **** hole - visit New Orleans.
I can say that - born and raised here.
If you just stay in the French Quarter, you'll be fine - don't wander out of there.
Hey Uptown is nice too, lived there for 4 years!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
RichBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Posts: 5,892
Liked 168 Times on 88 Posts


Good news Dude. I hope you can get one of your three choices.
Hey it won't be too long before you will be ROAD! It would be nice to have a good assignment for your last ho-rah!
Fingers crossed here.
__________________
Cheers,
Rich

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
I think it is a given that this time next year we will be gone from Virginia, where we don't know. We've asked for Germany, Hawaii and Omaha.
How about about McChord AFB here in Washington Dude? The beers on me!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People in AZ Limited Visibility General Chit Chat 8 06-23-2010 08:39 AM
Any GIS people here? Denny's Evil Concoctions General Chit Chat 8 08-15-2009 09:12 AM
what do you people do? monty73741 General Chit Chat 29 01-11-2009 02:58 PM
how many people is roesso Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 22 03-18-2007 02:40 PM


Forum Jump