FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge! - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:43 AM   #101
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7836 Times on 5490 Posts

I've ranked my players- hopefully I did ok! Good luck all! ( I doubt I'll be back by 6:45 tomorrow for the live draft, so I hope my ranking thing worked!)

Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 AM   #102
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Boy..I just get back and I see this...why the hell are drafting a month before the season starts?

I'm tempted to just delete my team...I'm not going to be able to draft tomorrow and I'm certainly not going to let an autopick do my team.

DID ANYONE ELSE WANT IN ON THIS LEAGUE?
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 08-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #103
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 527 Times on 423 Posts

I can't draft tonight. Wife is sick, I can't abdicate my kidling duties tonight, so I'll have to autodraft.

It *is* really early to draft, too. Looked like, based on the draft statistics yesterday, that only ten yeams had drafted in Yahoo! as of yesterday afternoon. It would be preferential to know who's going to blow out an ACL in the third preseason game before drafting

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #104
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I can't draft tonight. Wife is sick, I can't abdicate my kidling duties tonight, so I'll have to autodraft.

It *is* really early to draft, too. Looked like, based on the draft statistics yesterday, that only ten yeams had drafted in Yahoo! as of yesterday afternoon. It would be preferential to know who's going to blow out an ACL in the third preseason game before drafting
I want to know how this happened so quickly. I'm gone for a week and we've got this surprise draft all of a sudden. And a month before the season starts. NFL rosters aren't even set for a good 3 weeks yet. Makes no sense.

I don't want to be a dick, but commish, please advertise for an open spot--I'm NOT babysitting an autopicked team this year. Hopefully you guys can find another person who doesn't care...BEFORE tonights draft.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #106
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
That sounds so familiar.....where did I hear that before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
I'm available this Sunday, I just didn't check that box because I don't think it's a good idea to have our draft before the 1st week of pre-season games is even over. I was hoping to have as late a draft as possible so no one tears an ACL or tests positive for Budweiser or something like that. Remember when Ricky got busted a couple years ago? That was a PITA for whoever drafted him. I just don't want anyone getting a raw deal here.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #107
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Seems like today is a big problem all around - so I'll change the date.

To answer your question Dude, we picked this date because it was the only one that everyone could make according to the meeting notice wizard. And really, there is no reason to threaten to take your ball and leave. You either want to play and work this out with the rest of us or you don't.

I reset the draft date to Tue Sep 4 8:30pm CDT. It's one of the last times possible. If we can't come to some type of agreement before then, this is the date we'll use.

Does anyone have an objection to Friday, August 24th at 9:00 ct?

I will be out of town the 19th - 26th, but will be home for a day on the 24th.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #108
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

9:30 puts me in a bad spot but I'll do it. We can't make EVERYONE happy and we seem to be trying to accommodate one person every time we change the draft date. I say leave it for the 4th and lets just get on with it.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #109
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj

Does anyone have an objection to Friday, August 24th at 9:00 ct?
Sorry, but I object, Sir. I'm closing on the new house that day, and might need to take a trip out of town.

I like September 4th. Gives me time to do better analysis and see who's really going to be playing.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #110
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 527 Times on 423 Posts

He's asking about Friday, 8/24 at 9:00 CT...

That's a little late, but do-able. How long do drafts usually last?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Closed Thread