Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > New to the Brew

Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
SoBo19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New to the Brew

Hello everyone. This is all completely new to me. Im interested in attempting to brew a cider. Just looking for any helpful tips,info,direction. Anything would be great! Like I said this is all new, so it will be alittle experiment. Thanks again!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1833 Times on 1058 Posts
Likes Given: 4528

For your 1st attempt, you might follow a reasonably simple recipe. It'll give you an idea of how things work & what all is involved; and being a tried & true recipe, you'll have something tasty to drink & share with your friends. Then go on to a more difficult recipe & do it again. All the while reading & posting here on HBT, learning ever more valuable knowledge to make better brews. Then try either tweaking an existing recipe or formulating your own recipes; go from there.
Regards, GF.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Qhrumphf
Spirit of '69
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2423 Times on 1731 Posts
Likes Given: 1051

Haven't tried this one, but I do something similar (use a different yeast and apple juice concentrate in place of simple sugar), but a lot of folks seem to love this recipe, and it's simple.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/edwo...felwein-33986/
Bottled: IIPA, APA, American Amber, Robust Porter, Strong Mild, 80/-, Gose, Lichtenhainer
Casked:
Bottle Cellar: Brett B Tripel, Brett C Barleywine, Lamebic '11, Quad, Tripel, Brett C Bitter, Wild Cider, Sour Stout, Wee Heavy

Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
SoBo19
Recipes 

Awesome. I'll be sure to do that. I am currently still looking into getting all the material needed. I'll be sure to attempt that recipe. Thanks!

Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
MarkKF
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 42 Posts

http://robshomebrew.com/apple.html

Sent from my iPhone

Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Vox
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf
Haven't tried this one, but I do something similar (use a different yeast and apple juice concentrate in place of simple sugar), but a lot of folks seem to love this recipe, and it's simple.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/edwo...felwein-33986/
Apfelwein was my first brew a couple months ago. Easy and cheap. You'll need to sweeten it at the end if you want a sweeter cider. If you want something sweeter that doesn't take months before it's good, maybe try the 5 day sweet cider.in the recipe section. Never tried it yet myself.

Bottle Conditioning: Skeeter Pee

Aging: Joe's Ancient Orange Mead