My mead is in its primary Ferm, and i added some yeast energizer which promptly resulted in a violent blowout. i lost about 1/5 gallon of mead. But I have no idea if its a lost cause or not? I re-santized the airlock and got it back in place as quickly as possible. and now im getting a bubble of c02 about ever 7-9 seconds. much slower than it was previously. This is 4 days into primary.
I will note though that the bit i licked off my hand was very tasty though. and alcoholic.
I had this happen to my last batch of Hefeweizen. It was my first time using one of the Wyeast smack packs. Very aggressive primary fermentation. It wort was bubbling out through my air lock for about a day. When it stopped I replaced the airlock with a clean and sanitized airlock and waited another week before going to secondary. That beer is now in bottles with no ill effects or off flavors. I'm sure your mead will be fine.