women, dude... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > women, dude...

Old 07-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Manor, Tx
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

RDWHA--oh your underage...

Man being young is all about making mistakes....you can screw up now and bounce back. So, don't worry about anything....do whatever makes you happy.

If she's making you get drunk and post on a forum then sounds like a bad deal.

Also, heartache builds character.....All of the coolest people out there were f'ed up so how. Read Kerouac.....or read about Salvedor Dali. Both very cool but crazy as all get out.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Foreigner
Recipes 

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Roqk
You can love somone and still not be IN LOVE with them. But you can't make someone love you back.
I think we are in a semantic hangup. Self-serving desire is not love. Love, IMO, is by definition a two person thing. If its not a mutual thing, then it is not love.

"Wow, this person is cool and I would like them to like me" is not love.

Anyway, to the OP: just relax a little. many times these kinds of problems arise from trying too hard. You have made your intentions clear. There is nothing more you can do than that.

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind

Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
Hopleaf

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Little Elm, TX
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The key is to be able to distinguish between lust and love.

* Kolsch
* Apfelwein batch #lots

Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

For me at that age, it was learning to differentiate between love and infatuation; being in love versus loving the idea of being in love.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #15
Brewer3401
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2004
Southeast Louisiana
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreigner
There is an old middle eastern saying: Women want toasted ice.

Tell her to make up her damned mind. Making decisions and going with them is the essence of life.
I thought the middle eastern saying was "Put your f***king veil back on - bitch !

Old 07-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
hgrundy
Recipes 

Jul 2007

Woo... I just remembered about this. Talk about a headache. Good advice though. It's whatever, I'm just gonna roll with the flow. Plus I just met this other girl who likes kung-fu movies. That's always a plus...

Old 07-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #17
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Feb 2007
NEK, VT
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrundy
Woo... I just remembered about this. Talk about a headache. Good advice though. It's whatever, I'm just gonna roll with the flow. Plus I just met this other girl who likes kung-fu movies. That's always a plus...

Okay, then. That right there says it all. A lot of good advice wasted on, well, someone wasted.

Sorry but with that attitude no wonder she is unsure!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 07-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
hgrundy
Recipes 

Jul 2007

no, it was great advice and duly noted. I just figure there's no sense in getting stressed out about it. It's not the end of the world. If she wants to come back to me, then I'll consider it, if not, I'm not gonna sit around crying about it. I know I love her and she loves me, but there's more to a relationship than love. And like you guys said, I'm young and still need some time to get my life in order. But your replies really made me think, thanks guys.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #19
Foreigner
Recipes 

Jun 2007

Good idea grundy, just chill a little.

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind