women, dude... - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > women, dude...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
hgrundy
Recipes 

Jul 2007

You gotta wonder, dude... What exactly are they thinking? Why do they do that crazy **** that they do? What the hell, man? I think I know women pretty well. They think differently than men do, but they have natural feelings too, such as love and fear. How can one love and fear at the same time? How can one fear the love? How does a man prove to a woman that he loves her? When is the right time? More or less, I've got a woman who wants to be with me, but doesn't know for sure. Should I explore other options or wait it out until she comes around? Sorry, but I'm drunk, and confused, like all the the other hearted-ached saps out there. Some insight from some veterans out there is very much appreciated...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Liked 943 Times on 666 Posts

RELAX brother enjoy every moment EVERY moment... good bad or indefferent, and just remember that if woman were like us men we wouldnt like them at all... there different for a reason.... So we can love everything about them.... if its ment to be brother it ALL will be. trust me you dont want to be in a relationship you have to STRUGGLE with. work on YES!!! but STRUGGLE no!!!!!and just a thought you prove your love by just loving her always!!!
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

I think she's stringing you along because she's not sure if she wants to settle with you. Sorry to sound negative, but it sounds like you're not the one but you'll do if nothing better comes along. You may love her a lot, but it doesn't sound as if the same intensity is being returned. Don't wait around. Find someone who is as sure as you are.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

I've been through this four or five times. It's a rare person that isn't convinced something better will come along if they wait long enough. Maybe it does, maybe they get old and wrinkly.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrundy
How does a man prove to a woman that he loves her?
Have you tried a big tattoo with her name on it?
Also, breaking into her email account and reading her personal stuff is a great way to find out what she's thinking.

If that fails, show up drunk on her doorstep crying and professing your love for her. Then tell her you'll kill yourself if she leaves.

That ought to do it!

Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

Dude, you're not even 21. THIS IS THE ETERNAL QUESTION! THERE IS NO ANSWER OTHER THAN MATURITY! You're young, she's young, you're both probably just as immature as I was when I was your age.

Best thing I ever did in my life was to tell my first true "love" that it just wasn't worth it anymore. The games just weren't worth it. She's probably just as conflicted as I (and my ex) were, thinking that we wanted to be together, but at the same time needing space to find ourselves and frankly not really knowing what else (and who else) was out there. If she breaks your heart - well, there are three billion other men in this world whose hearts have been broken at least once, you're not alone.

So, my rambling advice? Don't wait it out. Live your life, and if she ends up a part of it, great. If not, there's another three billion ladies out there, they ain't all old or ugly.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1654 Times on 1069 Posts

You're running on a false assumption in my opinion. It sounds like you think that if she really knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you lover her, that it would change anything. She's just not sure SHE loves you. Ouch. I know. It's the great struggle, unrequited love. Life is really too short to waste time begging. Don't center your life around winning someone over. If they don't dig what you've got going on right now, you'll be chasing it the rest of your life.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
Foreigner
Recipes 

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrundy
I've got a woman who wants to be with me, but doesn't know for sure.
There is an old middle eastern saying: Women want toasted ice.

Tell her to make up her damned mind. Making decisions and going with them is the essence of life.

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind

Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Foreigner
Recipes 

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
unrequited love. .
I have to disagree. Love cannot be unrequited, it requires mutual consideration.

You can have unrequited lust, unrequited desire for a cheeseburger, but not love.

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind

Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
the_Roqk

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Central Florida
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You can love someone and still not be IN LOVE with them. But you can't make someone love you back. Happens all the time. I have some of the same advice as the bird has already told ya. You are young, enjoy your life and don't worry about her. Work on making yourself happy. Don't look for others to do it for you. If you expect that to happen you will be disappointed and miserable. Only because they (she) didn't meet your expectations. Sometimes we put people up too far on a pedestal and expect too much from them.

I agree, that life's too short to play games. Sometimes you gotta be direct and tell them how you feel. Even if it hurt's them or you. It's always better to put it out and communicate about it instead of letting it boil inside of you. Let her know how you feel and if she doesn't feel the same way, well.. then move on with your life. There are many more women out there that you'll be able to relate to. By then you'll have matured more and have a better understanding of relationships.