Got an extra smoke? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Got an extra smoke?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
fujieagle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
usa
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Can a fellow smoker please tell me which brand often has an extra cig in the pack? I've been a smoker for about 30 years now and I have never bought a pack that had an extra smoke in it. The one thing I can't stand is when someone asks me if I have an extra smoke. I will usually take my pack out of my pocket, look at it and then inform them that the pack only had 20 cigs in it when I bought it so no, I don't have an extra one and put the pack back in my pocket. The look from the hapless non-equipped smoker is always priceless. They then usually will ask again. Process repeated. After 2 times, they usually get it and will ask if they can borrow or bum a smoke. No you can't borrow one because I know you won't give it back. I may let you bum one depending on your attitude at this point. I have never been able to figure out how a smoker can not have smokes. Smoking is a serious addiction. Smoking is getting more expensive everyday. If you can't afford or don't have the forethought to be prepared to feed your addiction, give it up. Oh, and if you are asking me for a smoke, at least have your own G*&$%^n lighter!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
GodsStepBrother
Recipes 

Apr 2009
, Texas
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

Damn that is a bitter post, relax some fujieagle.

Are you that tight on cash that you cannot spare one cigarette? If you can't afford or don't have the forethought to be prepared to give up one smoke every once in a while then maybe smoking isn't worth getting all worked up about. It is pretty annoying when it happens to me but I would rather give one up and get another beer

Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
slatkin
Recipes 

Jun 2012
ward, arkansas
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I use smokeless tobacco and on the rare occasions I run out at work and have to bum I try bring in a new can the next day for the hapless soul I had to hit up for a dip. They do not seem to mind me bumming from them on these occasions.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
fujieagle
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
usa
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

It's mostly the guys that always seem to want to smoke but never have any. There's one guy at work that bums 3-4 aday but every week, he buys me a pack. He's trying to quit and doesn't want to carry them himself. I'm cool with that but it's the guys that always seem to never have any and always ask for one that get under my skin.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
E-Mursed
Recipes 

May 2011
Westland, MI
Liked 112 Times on 65 Posts

There is an easy way to avoid these annoying occurrences......stop smoking.

Sorry....common sense, reason, and the fact that there is not one redeeming quality that smoke or smokeless tobacco consumption provides, forced me to say it.

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” – Leonardo da Vinci
"A set back is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry Ford

Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

I was always amazed at guys in the Navy that "quit" just before a deployment. They always spent the entire trip begging/borrowing/bumming, sometimes even buying them at insane prices. There were also always a few who purchased extras before deploying.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
bscott1011
Recipes 

Jan 2012
peoria, il
Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts

I too got annoyed with people who constantly try to bum smokes, especially those that are "quitting" by the "OPS" (other people smokes) method

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
onthekeg
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Liked 83 Times on 65 Posts

People are idiots. I concur with the OP.
Sometimes I even remind them to buy me a pack. They do sometimes, but it pisses me off too.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

Just tell them that you want all that precious cancer for yourself!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
MZRIS
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I used to have a similar problem with my buds back in high school but, we were smokin those left handed smokes you can't get from the store :P Ah... the good 'ol days :P

PoorYorick Likes This