Yeast raised waffles - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Yeast raised waffles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
Evets
 
Evets's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Posts: 1,951
Liked 239 Times on 107 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughandReadyRanch View Post
And the dough recipe is........... Can't leave us in the dark here.
Sorry, I just saw that you asked for the recipe. I'll get back to you.
__________________
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #32
Evets
 
Evets's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Posts: 1,951
Liked 239 Times on 107 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
AAGGHHH! You're killing me!

Someday, I may make my own. Someday.

And you know darn well that an indoor oven is no way gonna make that pizza.
I assure you, those pies were baked in my electric kitchen oven. Why would I lie about that?
__________________
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #33
pabloj13
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 1,553
Liked 92 Times on 80 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dog_42 View Post
As much as I like waffles, I will never own another Waring product. I had a Waring Pro waffle maker (like what you see in a continental breakfast buffet at a hotel) that died before 1 year was up. Waring replaced it with one that died 4 months later, and then they replaced that one with another of short life. The problem is the last one they sent still technically works, it just doesn't heat up to the same temps and takes about 3x as long as it should to heat. It also takes up a ton of space...so I steer clear.
Side question, did you get your waffle iron at Sears?
__________________

Kegged Two Hearted, Dragonmead Final Absolution
Bottled Robust porter, Founder's Breakfast Stout, Ommegawd Hellepin, Ed Wort's Apfelwein
RIP Snake Dog IPA, Biermuncher's OktoberFAST, Falconer's Flight IPA, Two-Hearted clone (Culturing Bell's Yeast), Noberon wheat, Skeeter Pee using dry yeast, Smooth Oatmeal Stout


Simple and easy wort aeration - Harvest yeast from your blowoff - Homebrew Spicy Mustard

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #34
SharonaZamboni
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
SharonaZamboni's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Posts: 9,832
Liked 2092 Times on 1812 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets View Post
I assure you, those pies were baked in my electric kitchen oven. Why would I lie about that?
My electric oven is a big POS, as are two others that I use regularly.
__________________
You may well be the smartest person here.-Zuljin

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
The_Dog_42's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Austin, Tx
Posts: 574
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj13

Side question, did you get your waffle iron at Sears?
Yup I think so at least. The first one was a gift. After that returns / exhanges were through Waring and Sears both.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB
My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #36
pabloj13
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 1,553
Liked 92 Times on 80 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dog_42 View Post
Yup I think so at least. The first one was a gift. After that returns / exhanges were through Waring and Sears both.
Interesting. We have that same waffle iron. We almost bought it at Sears but then I checked the reviews. It was really odd. Same model everywhere but the ones from Sears got the WORST reviews. Premature failure from melting an electrical component. Yet the same model at Macy's and on Amazon got 4.5 stars. It's almost like Sears was getting the crappy ones intentionally. I have stopped shopping there after a couple of lawn tools failed prematurely. Just not what they used to be...
__________________

Kegged Two Hearted, Dragonmead Final Absolution
Bottled Robust porter, Founder's Breakfast Stout, Ommegawd Hellepin, Ed Wort's Apfelwein
RIP Snake Dog IPA, Biermuncher's OktoberFAST, Falconer's Flight IPA, Two-Hearted clone (Culturing Bell's Yeast), Noberon wheat, Skeeter Pee using dry yeast, Smooth Oatmeal Stout


Simple and easy wort aeration - Harvest yeast from your blowoff - Homebrew Spicy Mustard

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #37
Evets
 
Evets's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Posts: 1,951
Liked 239 Times on 107 Posts


Ok, here you go. If you are using the pancake batter as a starter, this recipe is for 1 10x14 pie, and should bake in a steel pan, not aluminum, about 475 for maybe 10 minutes.
Bread Flour 310 grams
Water (68%) 200 g
Salt (2%) 6.75g or +/- 1.5 t-spn
Batter (10%) 60 g

If you just want to make the pizza without the waffle batter, then increase the flour to335 g, the water to 230g, include 1 t-spn sugar and a half a t-spn active dry yeast.
Mix with a fork until it looks a bit like cottage cheese. It will be rather wet and you won't really be able to knead it. Let rise at room temp for 5-6 hrs. before baking, during which time do a series of stretch and folds, which is just picking up one side of the dough and pulling it over onto itself. All four sides is one s&f. Wet your hands first so it doesn't stick to your fingers. Once risen, just oil your pan, flour your dough and put it in the pan, cover and let rise again about an hr. then bake.
__________________
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
RoughandReadyRanch
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
, California
Posts: 354
Liked 63 Times on 51 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj13 View Post
Interesting. We have that same waffle iron. We almost bought it at Sears but then I checked the reviews. It was really odd. Same model everywhere but the ones from Sears got the WORST reviews. Premature failure from melting an electrical component. Yet the same model at Macy's and on Amazon got 4.5 stars. It's almost like Sears was getting the crappy ones intentionally. I have stopped shopping there after a couple of lawn tools failed prematurely. Just not what they used to be...
Got mine from amazon and I just made waffles on it Saturday. almost 2 years going strong. I did see a lot of reviews on amazon about faulty fuses and having to make repairs but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #39
RoughandReadyRanch
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
, California
Posts: 354
Liked 63 Times on 51 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets View Post
Ok, here you go. If you are using the pancake batter as a starter, this recipe is for 1 10x14 pie, and should bake in a steel pan, not aluminum, about 475 for maybe 10 minutes.
Bread Flour 310 grams
Water (68%) 200 g
Salt (2%) 6.75g or +/- 1.5 t-spn
Batter (10%) 60 g

If you just want to make the pizza without the waffle batter, then increase the flour to335 g, the water to 230g, include 1 t-spn sugar and a half a t-spn active dry yeast.
Mix with a fork until it looks a bit like cottage cheese. It will be rather wet and you won't really be able to knead it. Let rise at room temp for 5-6 hrs. before baking, during which time do a series of stretch and folds, which is just picking up one side of the dough and pulling it over onto itself. All four sides is one s&f. Wet your hands first so it doesn't stick to your fingers. Once risen, just oil your pan, flour your dough and put it in the pan, cover and let rise again about an hr. then bake.
Assuming an easy weekend, I am making this Friday. Also need the temp to drop a bit but that is why they made AC I guess. Thanks for the recipe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
Evets
 
Evets's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Posts: 1,951
Liked 239 Times on 107 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughandReadyRanch View Post
Assuming an easy weekend, I am making this Friday. Also need the temp to drop a bit but that is why they made AC I guess. Thanks for the recipe.
You bet. Good luck. I'd love to see the results.
__________________
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beer Waffles JMSetzler Cooking & Pairing 16 01-22-2009 03:47 AM


Forum Jump