Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > My $30 Craigslist Freezer - A Love Story

Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #71
thatfatbastard
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry guys, this new job is kicking my ass. Haven't had a chance to brew since August let alone time to pretty up the keezer.

I was out of town for three out of four weeks in September and my wife was out of town the remaining week so I had to take care of the kids.

But, the keezer has been operational and dispensing beer while I am here. It doesn't appear as though I have any CO2 leaks and the compressor hasn't **** the bed. I should also say that our Labor Day party went over well and the keezer was a big hit. The pork was pretty good too.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #72
UKFreak
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Hey, Dude! Anxious to hear how things turned out! Give us an update?

"I never met a beer I didn't like....well, except Woodchuck!"

Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
thatfatbastard
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Same old story, work is still kicking my butt and I haven't brewed since November.

My wife got me some Perlick faucets and shanks for Christmas so I'm not having to use the picnic faucet now at least. I have come to the conclusion though that I am going to need to make a new collar for it. Because of the hinge design of the freezer it puts a lot of pressure on the collar when it is opened and closed. So in a way it's kind of lucky that I wasn't able to complete the thing last fall and make it pretty since I would just have to start all over again anyway.

I promise though, I will update this thread when I get back on this project.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #74
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 313 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Keep chugging away bro its worth it when its all done. Mines still going strong it aint the prettiest but im not picky about my beer servers haha