Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Krausen plugged neck of carboy during active fermentation ?!!?
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Krausen plugged neck of carboy during active fermentation ?!!?

Krausen plugged neck of carboy during active fermentation. ?!!?

And I had no idea until last night. I took carboy out of cooler, popped the cap to do a gravity read and krausen had plugged the damn neck of the carboy !!!! I stuck the hydrometer thru it, and the plug fell back in the beer.

I boiled this batch on Sunday, and the airlock was bubbling fine until Tuesday, For all I know it got clogged on Tuesday when airlock activity stopped?? I even ran a second tube to prevent this, but that plug even trapped the airline tubing hose......

Could this be a problem?

Primary: Caribou Slobber

Kegged: Stout

Bottled: Cent Blonde, Jakes Brown, Stout

I love Yooper........
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 117 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Not likely. If it didn't exploded CO2 was still escaping from somewhere. You can use a star san solution on a paper towel to clean up the area. With that active of fermentation, it's not likely anything got in. It should be fine.
Primary: N/A
Bottled: N/A
Kegs: Tri-Peppered Saison and Sunset Orange Kolsch
Future:Something new, SMaSH perhaps?
2013 Previous: Sunrise Honey Rye Pale Ale, Dark Skies Black IPA, Sunset Orange Kolsch, All Hallow's Eve Pumpkin Ale, Raining Hops and Dogs IPA

Dark Skies Black IPA - 2nd Place at a local comp. Score of 39 from a BJCP judge

Twistr25 Recipes

GT Keezer Build