After adding the wort to the fermenter, I put it into my temp controlled fridge. Pitched about 6 hours later when the wort was 50-53 deg. That was yesterday morning. This morning I have krausen! Thank you everyone for all the help!
To recap, I started with only 0.5L starter using one vial of WLP800. The next day I added 2 more liters of wort and another vial. I used foil over the top of a big bottle for the starter, and kept it in the fermentation fridge to keep a consistent 50ish temp. I aerated the starter occassionally by stiring/shaking/swirling the bottle. The starter still had krausen when I was ready to pitch so I dumped the whole thing in.