Funny things you've overheard about beer - Page 80 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #791
Brewskey
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 63
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
That is interesting because I was watching Moonshiners the other day and two of the guys were malting their own barley and using that in the mash because the price of corn was up due to a drought. The guy said something along the lines of the barley acting like the yeast. I was utterly confused. The only thing I could think of was that by letting the barley malt out in the sun for a few days, it would pick up some wild yeasts, which would in turn be used to ferment the mash.
I bet thats where he heard that. He loves those goofy shows.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #792
Epimetheus
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Amherst, MA
Posts: 793
Liked 98 Times on 82 Posts


Me: I'm going to start brewing beer.
Wife: Ew!

Me: Try this first batch of extract.
Wife: Eeww!

Me: This all-grain smells wonderful, don't you think?
Wife: Eeewww!

Me: At least try the hard cider.
Wife: Eeww - wait, got any more?

We have a winner!


__________________
Whether beer is made in waders or in a toilet tank, as long as it is fun and the brewer likes how it tastes, who cares how it is brewed?
- VladOfTrub

Add your water analysis to the water report map! Instructions on this thread

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #793
Halbrust
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Upland, CA
Posts: 710
Liked 68 Times on 55 Posts


By my brother in law this weekend:
Absinthe is the best beer they make.
So, beer is made with barley?

Many more I can't think of right now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
...it's fine if it's fermenting.

Skeptidelphian Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #794
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 38,488
Liked 3618 Times on 3107 Posts


Ha! that's a good one-the green fairy hits the craft brew world!
__________________
NEW books on amazon/Kindle! Check it out now...
Home Brewing- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
Distopian Sci-Fi- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #795
SiriusStarr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
SiriusStarr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Chicago, IL
Posts: 339
Liked 110 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
Me: I'm going to start brewing beer.
Wife: Ew!

Me: Try this first batch of extract.
Wife: Eeww!

Me: This all-grain smells wonderful, don't you think?
Wife: Eeewww!

Me: At least try the hard cider.
Wife: Eeww - wait, got any more?

We have a winner!
This was my mother. She despises every single style of beer she's ever tried (and she's tried a lot, thanks to me), because they all taste and smell too "beer-y". So I started making cider, and now she keeps trying to steal bottles of my cyser.
__________________
Kitsune Brewing Co. (Add me on Untappd.)
Fermenters: Empty. :-(
Aging: Nothing! D:
Bottled: Unnamed 100% Brett Cyser; Second Sun (Orange Guava Cider); First Blood (Wild Cherry Cider); JAOM; Unnamed Holiday Apfelwein.
Planned: Pliny clone. More 7 Stairs Pale Ale.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #796
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


I got one. Was talking to my sisters bf (i have not met this fellow he lives severalllll states away) and I heard he loved good beers, so speaking over speaker phone I asked him what beers he liked, he replied that "I dont like american beers" I retorted with " so you dont like founders, seirra navada ect?" he says "I dont know iv never heard of them" then he said "I like belgian beers like trappist" and I say "well If I brewed you a belgian you would not like it because its american?" (confused)

There was a bit more to that conversation but I was talking with family and already had a few brews so I dont remember much more from that. Plus after that short convo that guy wasnt worth my time at that moment.

Im assuming he likes everything "imported" and if its not imported it sucks. Sad

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #797
luke_d
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Sacramento, CA
Posts: 270
Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts


Make him a big American IPA and tell him it's a Belgian. Chances are he wouldn't tell the difference...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #798
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_d
Make him a big American IPA and tell him it's a Belgian. Chances are he wouldn't tell the difference...
Agreed

Kinda ironic cause now i just did a tremis and a nocturnum. Bet he would love those. (if he knows what they are)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #799
skullface1818
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
tallahssee, fl
Posts: 157
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
I got one. Was talking to my sisters bf (i have not met this fellow he lives severalllll states away) and I heard he loved good beers, so speaking over speaker phone I asked him what beers he liked, he replied that "I dont like american beers" I retorted with " so you dont like founders, seirra navada ect?" he says "I dont know iv never heard of them" then he said "I like belgian beers like trappist" and I say "well If I brewed you a belgian you would not like it because its american?" (confused)

There was a bit more to that conversation but I was talking with family and already had a few brews so I dont remember much more from that. Plus after that short convo that guy wasnt worth my time at that moment.

Im assuming he likes everything "imported" and if its not imported it sucks. Sad
I hate it when this happens........even when most of the top 10 beers in the world are american made

It is true that america had a dark age of brewing from prohibition up to the early 1980's, but since then I say that we make some of the finest beers in the world

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #800
Grossy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Grossy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 485
Liked 145 Times on 77 Posts


This was a quite a few years ago.

I was in a bar and asked what they had on tap the waitress rattlled off the generic:

Bud, Coors, Miller, and every version of Light, Ice, and Dry (what ever that is).

Then came Corona, Dos Equis, Killinans red, and Sam Adams.

She said domestics were $3.00 and that imports where $4.00.

I said I'll take a Sam Adams.

The bill came and it was $4.00 a beer. I said what gives? I ordered Sam Adams. She said that was an Import.

I said Sam Adams is made in Boston. She just looked puzzled, and said it was still an import.



__________________
.
Northfarthing Brewery
Grossy Proudfoot, Proprietor

"That was proper 1420, that was."
- Old Gaffer at the Bywater Inn

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 90 01-16-2016 02:24 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump