Funny things you've overheard about beer - Page 401 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #4001
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Posts: 11,604
Liked 5894 Times on 3467 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRex View Post
The picture is Ten Fidy
this, you bunch of drunks.


__________________
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #4002
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DrunkleJon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 8,101
Liked 2504 Times on 1762 Posts


Maybe more $10.29



 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #4003
RCCOLA
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Northwest Arkansas
Posts: 1,068
Liked 96 Times on 58 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
this, you bunch of drunks.
Doh!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #4004
Keith66
Recipes 
 
Mar 2013
Placerville, CA
Posts: 700
Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbrust View Post
It seems more like an incomplete sentence than an incorrect sentence.

Post fermentation dryhopping allows the 10% ABV...
ale to be easy drinking.
ale to balance aroma and taste.
etc.
"Post-fermentation dry hopping allows the [beer to achieve] 10% ABV." It's implied. "Allows" could be replaced by "facilitates". It's a complete, incorrect sentence. (Oh crap, I just posted a "Well actually"!)
__________________
Next:
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #4005
Keith66
Recipes 
 
Mar 2013
Placerville, CA
Posts: 700
Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRex View Post
The picture is Ten Fidy
Can't see that on my fvcking phone. Funny as sh!t though that BEVMO would screw up a sign that bad!
__________________
Next:
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #4006
forstmeister
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,201
Liked 182 Times on 138 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith66
"Post-fermentation dry hopping allows the [beer to achieve] 10% ABV." It's implied. "Allows" could be replaced by "facilitates". It's a complete, incorrect sentence. (Oh crap, I just posted a "Well actually"!)
Except that it was already posted correctly earlier. The previously posted sentence was, in fact, incomplete.
__________________
I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #4007
Keith66
Recipes 
 
Mar 2013
Placerville, CA
Posts: 700
Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by forstmeister View Post

Except that it was already posted correctly earlier. The previously posted sentence was, in fact, incomplete.
Except that the previously posted sentence was not on BEVMO's sign, as posted in this thread. So you're telling me that the sign in this thread is not real? Or is the previously posted sentence not real? Which is it; and how am I supposed to know which one to believe?

Another angle: the previously posted sentence was, in fact, a complete sentence including a subject and predicate. It was supposedly not, however, correctly quoted from the original source, which was also a complete sentence, assuming it was posted correctly.

This isn't funny, and it isn't about beer; let's move on shall we.
__________________
Next:
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #4008
finsfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
finsfan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2013
, Kansas
Posts: 14,157
Liked 3373 Times on 2359 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith66 View Post

This isn't funny, and it isn't about beer; let's move on shall we.
You say that, yet continue to bring it up.

This isnt as funny as it is frustrating. During a tailgate a few weeks ago, I was telling my uncles how I had gotten into homebrewing. One of them, who should know better since he is the CFO for a guy who owns wineries and alcohol distributing companies, continued to insist that HB can kill people. I assured him that infections happen but normally they dont cause any harm. Maybe the occasional sickness but I had never heard of someone dying from HB. I even told him that I had in fact drank some infected beer of mine with nothing more than a bad taste after. He still insisted that it could kill people. Needless to say, he wont be getting any this holiday season.
__________________
.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkleJon View Post
I weep about society as a whole. In the land of reality TV and microwave dinners, the homebrewer is king.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #4009
GuldTuborg
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
GuldTuborg's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
OH
Posts: 4,523
Liked 941 Times on 645 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
I assured him that infections happen but normally they dont cause any harm.
You mean never cause any harm. Human pathogens cannot live and reproduce in fermented beer. Wort yes, but not beer. Infected beer may taste nasty at times, but it cannot make you ill.
__________________
*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar Club

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #4010
Keith66
Recipes 
 
Mar 2013
Placerville, CA
Posts: 700
Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts


I've heard several times, "Nothing in beer can kill you." My professional winemaker brother, who also makes HB, confirmed it.


__________________
Next:
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 90 01-16-2016 02:24 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump