Funny things you've overheard about beer - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #31
Sojourn
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Durham, NC
Posts: 13

Some girls were asking about Duck Rabbit's Milk Stout and the bartender says, "I think it's because they put milk in it."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
HawksBrewer
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,509
Liked 1056 Times on 972 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Some girls were asking about Duck Rabbit's Milk Stout and the bartender says, "I think it's because they put milk in it."
That is pretty funny. But seeing as though lactose is milk sugar, he's not too far off.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #33
Sojourn
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Durham, NC
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer View Post
That is pretty funny. But seeing as though lactose is milk sugar, he's not too far off.

Yeah it could've been what he meant, but it gave me the image of curdles in my beer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #34
BWN
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Dexter, NY
Posts: 702
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts


There is a new type of bud light out, I can't remember what it is called but it is pretty high in alcohol and supposed to be low calorie. These guys at the bar were bragging about it saying how strong it was and that it tasted like water. I told them that I thought bud light was supposed to taste like water, but they claimed that beer that strong doesn't usually taste as good as bud light.

Bisco_Ben Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #35
HawksBrewer
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,509
Liked 1056 Times on 972 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
it gave me the image of curdles in my beer.
Ewwww....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
tre9er
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,369
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
There is a new type of bud light out, I can't remember what it is called but it is pretty high in alcohol and supposed to be low calorie. These guys at the bar were bragging about it saying how strong it was and that it tasted like water. I told them that I thought bud light was supposed to taste like water, but they claimed that beer that strong doesn't usually taste as good as bud light.
Bud Light Platinum. It's like 6% or something. People who like to get trashed think it's liquid gold.
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
JordanThomas
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 888
Liked 84 Times on 77 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by KISS Brew View Post
"Guinness is a meal."

Maybe for a 5 year old?
Hahaha beautiful. Those 200 calories... Awesome meal.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #38
mack25
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mack25's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Salem, MA
Posts: 149
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


I overheard the manager of a liquor store - a rather large location, with a great selection and a number of locations in the area - telling a customer that cider is beer that they add apple juice to. And this was during a tasting of a new cider they started carrying.
Facepalm.

fijigus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Xpertskir
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Morgantown, Wv
Posts: 2,224
Liked 453 Times on 291 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
Bud Light Platinum. It's like 6% or something. People who like to get trashed think it's liquid gold.

The best thing I have seen beer wise in a while was:

I was in Utah at a gas station, they had bud light and bud light platinum bottled next to each other and the bud light platinum was 2 dollars more a six pack.

Obviously in Utah they both have the same ABW.

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #40
neko
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Portland, OR
Posts: 570
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
I love seeing people act like they're "cultured" because they drink Blue Moon, too. Kudos for not drinking BMC,
But Blue Moon is part of the MC empire Maybe not the light lager, but it's still a BMC.

Oh crap, don't derail the thread...must come up with something relevant...um, here is something:

A few years ago I was sitting around drinking SNPA at a friend's house. Another guy stops by with a case of MGD and offers one to my friend. My friend says, "No way man, I don't drink that crap." Fast forward a couple years and now my friend only drinks Bud.
__________________
Ring ding dong. Ring a ding-ding-ding dong

"We have invented the world's largest laser system" -Ahnold

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 90 01-16-2016 02:24 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump