Funny things you've overheard about beer - Page 182 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #1811
MustBeZ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
MustBeZ's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 196
Liked 51 Times on 25 Posts


Not quite overheard but this is on the "bar"ch madness happening at a new bar in town. Gotta love Murphys stout beer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130307_013235.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	105892  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #1812
Keith577
Recipes 
 
Mar 2013
Posts: 7

I remember when I thought Killians Red was the **** and I had moved "beyond" Bud Ice... I try to keep that in mind when I hear my inner beer snob coming out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #1813
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,879
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeZ View Post
Not quite overheard but this is on the "bar"ch madness happening at a new bar in town. Gotta love Murphys stout beer.
Or how about the Blue Moon Belgan beer
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1814
fizgig
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
fizgig's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 468
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorroy View Post
I was once at a bar drinking a Miller Genuine Draft, prior to my dive into real beer drinking. A guy came up to me and said, "drinking the diesel, eh? I can't handle that stuff."
reminds me at hockey one night, usually there's a case of Labbatt's in the locker room, half blue and half blue light. Someone on my team looked at me with a regular blue and said I don't know how you can drink that, it's too thick. Since I started brewing I swear I can taste the corn and rice now in commercial lagers.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1815
CGVT
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
CGVT's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 2,033
Liked 669 Times on 409 Posts


Quote:
Since I started brewing I swear I can taste the corn and rice now in commercial lagers.
Yep. I had a Yuengling the other day. My first thought was, "Wow. Corn".
__________________
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #1816
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,516
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeZ
Not quite overheard but this is on the "bar"ch madness happening at a new bar in town. Gotta love Murphys stout beer.
That's the least of the problems in that list.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1817
MustBeZ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
MustBeZ's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 196
Liked 51 Times on 25 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post

That's the least of the problems in that list.
Yeah its a new place in the town I grew up in and the only bar in town as well. Its appropriately named "The Bar". I only went up there laste night because they were giving away Sam Adams Boston Lager pint glasses which the owner called "Sam Adams pilsner glasses".
I Definitely won't be participating in "bar"ch madness and probably won't be going there very often.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #1818
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,516
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeZ

Yeah its a new place in the town I grew up in and the only bar in town as well. Its appropriately named "The Bar". I only went up there laste night because they were giving away Sam Adams Boston Lager pint glasses which the owner called "Sam Adams pilsner glasses".
I Definitely won't be participating in "bar"ch madness and probably won't be going there very often.
Hey, you can't pass up a free glass.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #1819
Malty_Dog
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
York, PA
Posts: 820
Liked 123 Times on 91 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorroy View Post
I was once at a bar drinking a Miller Genuine Draft, prior to my dive into real beer drinking. A guy came up to me and said, "drinking the diesel, eh? I can't handle that stuff."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith577 View Post
I remember when I thought Killians Red was the **** and I had moved "beyond" Bud Ice... I try to keep that in mind when I hear my inner beer snob coming out.
Good point. I was a Coors Extra Gold guy for a while in college, many moons ago
__________________
So many recipes...

Fermenter: Wookey Jack
Bottles: Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Imperial Red

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #1820
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,273
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeZ View Post
Not quite overheard but this is on the "bar"ch madness happening at a new bar in town. Gotta love Murphys stout beer.
The use of the word "beer" is funny, but seeing as how the list has all sorts of drinks on it, I can see why they included it. Otherwise, they would certainly be pouring beers out when someone even more clueless ordered a Blue Moon thinking they were getting a fruity blue drink.
__________________
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 90 01-16-2016 02:24 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump