Funny things you've overheard about beer - Page 151 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #1501
jamesdawsey
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 46
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts


A friend of mine used to drink nothing but Budweiser. Periodically I would share what I consider to be good beer - which is darn near anything except an american lager at this point - and anytime he tasted anything darker than a blonde ale he would tell me that "All dark beers taste like soy sauce!"

We just bottled his first homebrew - a lil sumpin wild clone (which, by the way, turned out really well. We're calling it Barnyard Funk.), and he won't touch budweiser anymore.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #1502
Leadgolem
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 1046 Times on 784 Posts


I like soy sauce...

The Ticks power is ignorance. What he doesn't know can't hurt him. So he is nigh invulnerable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #1503
Vellum
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Dripping Springs, Texas
Posts: 196
Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdawsey View Post
A friend of mine used to drink nothing but Budweiser. Periodically I would share what I consider to be good beer - which is darn near anything except an american lager at this point - and anytime he tasted anything darker than a blonde ale he would tell me that "All dark beers taste like soy sauce!"

We just bottled his first homebrew - a lil sumpin wild clone (which, by the way, turned out really well. We're calling it Barnyard Funk.), and he won't touch budweiser anymore.
Do you by chance have a recipe link for the lil sumpin wild clone? That is a mighty tasty beer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #1504
loetz
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Vienna, Austria
Posts: 119
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts


In reply to this post that copied an Amazon review of 350 Beers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierliebhaber View Post
So on to the innacuracies:

...Austria and Switzerland: The most recognizable and noteworthy beer that either one of these countries ever made is Samichlaus. Not even a mention?...

...Australia: Foster's gets it's own page and Cooper's doesn't even get a mention. Nuff said...
What the reviewer said about Austrian beer is way off. The Austrians invented the Märzen beer which moved to Germany and later became the beer that you in America know as Octoberfest. Austrians also have a quite popular style of beer called zwickel which is a young, unfiltered beer. Over 99% of the population here in Austria have never heard of Samichlaus. That is an overhyped beer exported to America. I suppose it's like thinking that all Australians drink Fosters.

Oh, and ever heard of Vienna lagers?

gratus fermentatio Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #1505
Bierliebhaber
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Portland, Oregon
Posts: 444
Liked 87 Times on 43 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by loetz View Post
Oh, and ever heard of Vienna lagers?
Never heard of her...cool last name though.

4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #1506
woknblues
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 408
Liked 70 Times on 46 Posts


I used to run a few bars and have heard a lot of funny things people say about beer, but I am sure these have been posted, however:

"I can't drink Guinness, it get's me too drunk" -and other dark beer=high ABV assumptions

"All I can drink is Corona Extra (or some other beer) everything else gives me the @#$%s" -is there something magical in corona that prevents diarrhea?

"My beer is warm" -when it is 34-36 degrees Fahrenheit.

"No thanks, beer makes you fat" -as they are eating a giant plate of french fries with a rum and diet coke.

v.1 "That is a sissy beer" they say about craft/micros and order a BMC macro "man's beer"

v.2 "That is a sissy beer" they say about Bud Light, and then they order a Budweiser.

I could go on and on...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #1507
theveganbrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Beaverton, OR
Posts: 1,929
Liked 296 Times on 209 Posts


--
__________________
-Retired Homebrewer

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #1508
Mobius570
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 74
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


Was in Washington DC around Christmas time for work and we took a break and walked to a local pub. On the front windows in huge letters it says "Lagers - Stouts - Ales". then they have a Dogfish Head sign with a chalk board that listed their specials. Inside they didn't serve one Dogfish Head brew and only had Sam Adams, Boddingtons, Guiness, and BMC's. I should of know from the window lettering to stay away.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #1509
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
GrogNerd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Posts: 6,241
Liked 2185 Times on 1373 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius570 View Post
Was in Washington DC around Christmas time for work and we took a break and walked to a local pub. On the front windows in huge letters it says "Lagers - Stouts - Ales". then they have a Dogfish Head sign with a chalk board that listed their specials. Inside they didn't serve one Dogfish Head brew and only had Sam Adams, Boddingtons, Guiness, and BMC's. I should of know from the window lettering to stay away.
next time in DC, try the Bier Baron, formerly the Brickskeller, Guinness World Record holder as "the bar with the largest selection of commercially available beers."

here's a list of what they have available
__________________
"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #1510
gcdowd
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,877
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post

next time in DC, try the Bier Baron, formerly the Brickskeller, Guinness World Record holder as "the bar with the largest selection of commercially available beers."

here's a list of what they have available
Omg, I need to go there!
__________________
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 94 09-09-2016 12:18 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump