Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #1371
Bierliebhaber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 444
Liked 85 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighornmountaindew View Post
If only you could get a good beer at a ballgame!
We have great beer at our ballgames. Now, if we could only get a good ball team...


Bierliebhaber is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #1372
Premnasbiaculeatus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: washington, DC
Posts: 130
Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default

My future wife says she hates Lagers, although she's quite fond of my various styles of home brewed ales, but if presented with only BMC as options, she always goes for Miller Light. If asked why she prefers Miller light light she argues that, "It's a Pilsner and not a Lager". SMH...


Premnasbiaculeatus is offline
JimmytheGeek Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #1373
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryush806's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 785
Liked 91 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premnasbiaculeatus
My future wife says she hates Lagers, although she's quite fond of my various styles of home brewed ales, but if presented with only BMC as options, she always goes for Miller Light. If asked why she prefers Miller light light she argues that, "It's a Pilsner and not a Lager". SMH...
You need to fix that before you get married. Unacceptable in my book...
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Benjamin Franklin (and I don't care if this quote has been largely discredited/misquoted...I like it!)

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson
Ryush806 is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #1374
FourSeasonAngler
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
FourSeasonAngler's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 473
Liked 77 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default

Just had a buddy taste one of my beers for the first time. It's a spin off of Jamil's West Coast Blaster that I fermented with Belgian yeast.

Buddy: "It tastes like 3 different beers in one."
Me: "Oh yea? Which three beers?"
Buddy: "I don't know, kinda like 3 that I've never had before."
Me: "? wtf ?"

__________________
Why is the home brew always gone?
FourSeasonAngler is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #1375
rodwha
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lakeway, Texas
Posts: 4,222
Liked 170 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Default

That's pretty dadgum funny!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
...tasting a beer at 1 week, and again at 2....that to me just means there 2 less beers that are actually tasting good and are ready at the end.
"Anyway on the wall was this sign. People who drink light beer don't really like beer. They just like to piss a lot."

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day
rodwha is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #1376
flars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Medford, WI
Posts: 5,690
Liked 897 Times on 758 Posts
Likes Given: 210

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSeasonAngler View Post
Just had a buddy taste one of my beers for the first time. It's a spin off of Jamil's West Coast Blaster that I fermented with Belgian yeast.

Buddy: "It tastes like 3 different beers in one."
Me: "Oh yea? Which three beers?"
Buddy: "I don't know, kinda like 3 that I've never had before."
Me: "? wtf ?"

I would take that as a complement. You brewed a beer with complexity.
flars is online now
turkeydinner Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #1377
Halbrust
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 710
Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default

"Heineken! F@#K that, Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"
Apparently it's a movie quote, but I heard it about 100 times this past weekend at a camping event.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
...it's fine if it's fermenting.
Halbrust is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #1378
Anelda
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 36
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbrust View Post
"Heineken! F@#K that, Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"
Apparently it's a movie quote, but I heard it about 100 times this past weekend at a camping event.
Hah, that's from Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Pretty f'ed up movie. My husband, although he's a huge beer snob, says that all the time.
Anelda is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #1379
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Windom, MN
Posts: 9,300
Liked 4537 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 8262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelda View Post
Hah, that's from Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Pretty f'ed up movie. My husband, although he's a huge beer snob, says that all the time.
my brother's a big Lynch fan. we'd always yell that at the bars. and in his garage. and my living room. and his living room. and his back yard. I think a church is the only place we haven't yelled that quote.
__________________
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Billy-Klubb is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #1380
rodwha
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lakeway, Texas
Posts: 4,222
Liked 170 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Default

You guys make me feel as though I need to watch that movie...


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
...tasting a beer at 1 week, and again at 2....that to me just means there 2 less beers that are actually tasting good and are ready at the end.
"Anyway on the wall was this sign. People who drink light beer don't really like beer. They just like to piss a lot."

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day
rodwha is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 86 06-23-2015 12:26 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS