Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #1321
dannypo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
One thing you can always count on in a forum: someone WILL inevitably come out with some incredibly skewed stretch of some fragment of fact to correct you... All the while ignoring the actual point of what you even said. Ex: some idiot told me "homebrew has estrogen, unlike his BMC"
Clears throat gets on soap box -well technically there is a plant form of something similar to estrogen in all beers that acts kind of like estrogen blah blah,

ohhhhh now I see. The guy who made the estrogen statement isn't just insecure and overly compensating, he is a closet genius clearly referring to phytoestrogens...

Can't wait till you ask him and you come back to tell us he gave you the breakdown of how phytoestrogens act on the molecular level
Way to be the official forum jerk there.

All I said was he wasn't exactly wrong. He was far from correct as well, which I pointed out.

I am sorry if I offended you by pointing out facts.

OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #1322
Marauder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypo

All I said was he wasn't exactly wrong. He was far from correct as well, which I pointed out.

I thought you were trying to be the official forum jerk that is what bothered me. It seems to be increasingly common for people to Jump in with this type of ridiculously pedantic stuff. They fail to realize that breaking everything down to such a microscopic level to try and correct someone to sound intelligent/knowledgeable, does not have this intended effect. It just makes you look like a d*ck. In the interest of not further disrupting the forum with this nonsense, if your intent was not to correct him to sound smart I apologize I must have misread you.

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1323
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 366 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypo View Post

Sorry, but he was just stating what many people were thinking. Frat boy's assertation that homebrew contains estrogen, and BMC does not, was ludicrious.

Your argument for the sake of argument that said fratboy might be technically correct on some unintentional level was just you behaving in a toolish manner, and completely missed the entire point of the posted statement. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's certainly how you came across.

Perhaps he should have woven you a daisy chain first to soften the blow, as he obviously hurt your feelings, but yours was the post that didn't belong.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #1324
Marauder
Recipes 

Damn why did I get involved, probably should have just let it go as usual, but it is getting kind of old. Quick somebody post something funny, where's creamy with a good fart when you need him ???

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1325
Leadgolem
Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA7 View Post
I would think any wife would appreciate a husband who knows what the puce was...
I know what puce is. It's what you do when you've had way to much to drink.
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #1326
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad

Sorry, but he was just stating what many people were thinking. Frat boy's assertation that homebrew contains estrogen, and BMC does not, was ludicrious.

Your argument for the sake of argument that said fratboy might be technically correct on some unintentional level was just you behaving in a toolish manner, and completely missed the entire point of the posted statement. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's certainly how you came across.

Perhaps he should have woven you a daisy chain first to soften the blow, as he obviously hurt your feelings, but yours was the post that didn't belong.
For the record, that's not at all how I took the phytoestrogen comment. The problem with written word is there's no tone behind it so if your in a good mood you'll probably not take it badly. Bad or weird mood, them you probably will take offense. I've found it best to assume positive (on here and especially in emails at work). I for one appreciated the phytoestrogen comment because I had thought the same thing.

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson
wailingguitar Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #1327
Marauder
Recipes 

Sound advice I suppose. So lets try to assume positive and get back on topic haha

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #1328
dannypo
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Sound advice I suppose. So lets try to assume positive and get back on topic haha
Good idea. I'll start. I was on this homebrew forum, and some tubby know-it-all started talking.g about phytoestrogens in beer.

PS. In case you didn't notice, that was me

Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #1329
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 576 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Ok not about beer but this thread needs a chuckle. So heres a good Halloween costume idea. Tell everyone at the Halloween party you will be attending, then dont show up.......BOOM your Manti Teos girlfriend!
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #1330
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2

I'm with Leadgolem on this one
Damn, I'm cooler I see even use even less colors than that.