Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #1321
dannypo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Near Detroit
Posts: 347
Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
One thing you can always count on in a forum: someone WILL inevitably come out with some incredibly skewed stretch of some fragment of fact to correct you... All the while ignoring the actual point of what you even said. Ex: some idiot told me "homebrew has estrogen, unlike his BMC"
Clears throat gets on soap box -well technically there is a plant form of something similar to estrogen in all beers that acts kind of like estrogen blah blah,

ohhhhh now I see. The guy who made the estrogen statement isn't just insecure and overly compensating, he is a closet genius clearly referring to phytoestrogens...

Can't wait till you ask him and you come back to tell us he gave you the breakdown of how phytoestrogens act on the molecular level
Way to be the official forum jerk there.

All I said was he wasn't exactly wrong. He was far from correct as well, which I pointed out.

I am sorry if I offended you by pointing out facts.


dannypo is offline
OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #1322
Marauder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pemberton, NJ
Posts: 148
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypo

Way to be the official forum jerk there.

All I said was he wasn't exactly wrong. He was far from correct as well, which I pointed out.

I am sorry if I offended you by pointing out facts.
I thought you were trying to be the official forum jerk that is what bothered me. It seems to be increasingly common for people to Jump in with this type of ridiculously pedantic stuff. They fail to realize that breaking everything down to such a microscopic level to try and correct someone to sound intelligent/knowledgeable, does not have this intended effect. It just makes you look like a d*ck. In the interest of not further disrupting the forum with this nonsense, if your intent was not to correct him to sound smart I apologize I must have misread you.


Marauder is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1323
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,215
Liked 366 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypo View Post
Way to be the official forum jerk there.

All I said was he wasn't exactly wrong. He was far from correct as well, which I pointed out.

I am sorry if I offended you by pointing out facts.
Sorry, but he was just stating what many people were thinking. Frat boy's assertation that homebrew contains estrogen, and BMC does not, was ludicrious.

Your argument for the sake of argument that said fratboy might be technically correct on some unintentional level was just you behaving in a toolish manner, and completely missed the entire point of the posted statement. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's certainly how you came across.

Perhaps he should have woven you a daisy chain first to soften the blow, as he obviously hurt your feelings, but yours was the post that didn't belong.
__________________
Homebrew Dad - blogging about making my own beer and raising a lot of kids.
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.
homebrewdad is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #1324
Marauder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pemberton, NJ
Posts: 148
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Damn why did I get involved, probably should have just let it go as usual, but it is getting kind of old. Quick somebody post something funny, where's creamy with a good fart when you need him ???
Marauder is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1325
Leadgolem
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,719
Liked 966 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA7 View Post
I would think any wife would appreciate a husband who knows what the puce was...
I know what puce is. It's what you do when you've had way to much to drink.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #1326
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ryush806's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 778
Liked 88 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad

Sorry, but he was just stating what many people were thinking. Frat boy's assertation that homebrew contains estrogen, and BMC does not, was ludicrious.

Your argument for the sake of argument that said fratboy might be technically correct on some unintentional level was just you behaving in a toolish manner, and completely missed the entire point of the posted statement. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's certainly how you came across.

Perhaps he should have woven you a daisy chain first to soften the blow, as he obviously hurt your feelings, but yours was the post that didn't belong.
For the record, that's not at all how I took the phytoestrogen comment. The problem with written word is there's no tone behind it so if your in a good mood you'll probably not take it badly. Bad or weird mood, them you probably will take offense. I've found it best to assume positive (on here and especially in emails at work). I for one appreciated the phytoestrogen comment because I had thought the same thing.
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Benjamin Franklin (and I don't care if this quote has been largely discredited/misquoted...I like it!)

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson
Ryush806 is offline
wailingguitar Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #1327
Marauder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pemberton, NJ
Posts: 148
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Sound advice I suppose. So lets try to assume positive and get back on topic haha
Marauder is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #1328
dannypo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Near Detroit
Posts: 347
Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Sound advice I suppose. So lets try to assume positive and get back on topic haha
Good idea. I'll start. I was on this homebrew forum, and some tubby know-it-all started talking.g about phytoestrogens in beer.

PS. In case you didn't notice, that was me
dannypo is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #1329
Ostomo517
Registered User
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norton Shores, Michigan
Posts: 1,587
Liked 576 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

Ok not about beer but this thread needs a chuckle. So heres a good Halloween costume idea. Tell everyone at the Halloween party you will be attending, then dont show up.......BOOM your Manti Teos girlfriend!
Ostomo517 is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #1330
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2

I'm with Leadgolem on this one
Damn, I'm cooler I see even use even less colors than that.


Lushife is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 79 02-26-2015 04:03 AM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 10:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS