Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Planktown Brewing?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Jobu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spfld, OR
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Planktown Brewing?

Hi all,

I am wondering if any one knows anything about "Planktown Brewing" that is said to be opening in downtown Springfield. There was some press a few months ago - mostly related to how that part of downtown was "cleaning up" - but not a whole lot of detail. They talked to the owner, and mentioned that the brewer is affiliated with Block 15 in Corvallis, but didn't say whether he would be here full-time or if he was just formulating the year-round recipes or really anything else about the beer (which of course, I care more about than floor finishes). If anyone has the inside scoop, I'd love to hear it. We can always use some more craft brew, and I'd like to see something on this side of town do well.



Jobu is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Planky7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Springfield, OR
Posts: 1
Default Plank Town Brewing Co.

Plank Town Brewing Co., 346 Main St., Springfield, is in the middle of construction. Plans are to open in the Fall, 2012 (hopefully October sometime). This project is brought to you by Bart Caridio, one of the owners of both the Axe and Fiddle (Cottage Grove) and Sam Bond's Garage (Eugene). Brewmaster Steve Van Rossem, currently of Block 15 in Corvallis, will be our full time brewmaster once operations begin. Steve has been brewing great beer in the Willamette Valley for almost 3 decades and will continue that tradition in Springfield.
Plank Town plans to eventually feature cask beers as well as barrel aged sour beers. We will be dedicated to developing and tantalizing the beer palate of our customers.
Stay tuned for more updates in the future.
-Planky!


Planky7 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
stamandster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield, ma
Posts: 761
Liked 53 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default

This seems oddly trollish... two 1 post users about the same thing claiming to be different people...
stamandster is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Jobu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spfld, OR
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamandster View Post
This seems oddly trollish... two 1 post users about the same thing claiming to be different people...
I can assure you I'm not a troll (or a spammer, which is probably the word you were looking for). Everybody has to have 1 post once.

I was/am genuinely curious about this new brewery and, until recently, there was a dearth of information available. It seems appropriate to ask beer-related question on a beer forum. And Planky7 is obviously affiliated with the brewery; it's fairly obvious by the username and the post and I don't think s/he is attempting to hide that fact.

Lastly, it took two weeks for a reply to this thread and it still has under 100 views. This is hardly a high-visibility forum, and if I were a spammer I'd probably be fired.
Jobu is offline
Lominatrix Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Jobu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spfld, OR
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planky7 View Post
Plank Town Brewing Co., 346 Main St., Springfield, is in the middle of construction. Plans are to open in the Fall, 2012 (hopefully October sometime). This project is brought to you by Bart Caridio, one of the owners of both the Axe and Fiddle (Cottage Grove) and Sam Bond's Garage (Eugene). Brewmaster Steve Van Rossem, currently of Block 15 in Corvallis, will be our full time brewmaster once operations begin. Steve has been brewing great beer in the Willamette Valley for almost 3 decades and will continue that tradition in Springfield.
Plank Town plans to eventually feature cask beers as well as barrel aged sour beers. We will be dedicated to developing and tantalizing the beer palate of our customers.
Stay tuned for more updates in the future.
-Planky!
Hey thanks for responding. I look forward to checking it out, and best of luck downtown. I'm hoping something great will move into the old Jim's Landing across the street, and hoping the year-round market will do well, too.
Jobu is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
stamandster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield, ma
Posts: 761
Liked 53 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I can assure you I'm not a troll (or a spammer, which is probably the word you were looking for). Everybody has to have 1 post once.

I was/am genuinely curious about this new brewery and, until recently, there was a dearth of information available. It seems appropriate to ask beer-related question on a beer forum. And Planky7 is obviously affiliated with the brewery; it's fairly obvious by the username and the post and I don't think s/he is attempting to hide that fact.

Lastly, it took two weeks for a reply to this thread and it still has under 100 views. This is hardly a high-visibility forum, and if I were a spammer I'd probably be fired.
I'm happy you cleared that up because, to be honest, it did seem weird. Don't you think?
stamandster is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Jobu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spfld, OR
Posts: 6
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamandster View Post
I'm happy you cleared that up because, to be honest, it did seem weird. Don't you think?
The response from Planky7 was obviously self-promotion, but he answered my question regarding the brewmaster, so I'm happy.

There seems to be plenty of local brew promotion happening in this subforum, so I don't really see what the big deal is.
Jobu is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
Beernip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oregon.. Go Beavs!
Posts: 590
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Hey Planky7! Any word on when you'll open?
Beernip is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
dog_gone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 88
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

I'm looking forward to hearing more, too. Having grown up in Springfield, I'd like to see more redevelopment of the downtown corridor. If Eugene is going to have the Whiteaker area as their Brewery Blocks, it would be great to see Springfield have several Nanos along Main Street.
dog_gone is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Beernip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oregon.. Go Beavs!
Posts: 590
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

I stopped by a few weeks ago and it looks like they are still a ways off from opening. The outside was still being remodeled and had holes in the floor. Went to the Mckenzie cider and craft beer festival in Springfield and Planktown had a booth and was serving a hoppy red ale that was decent. A little too hoppy for me but some like that stuff. The drone behind the taps said they would be open at the end of the year. Don't believe he was associated with Planktown at all though.


Beernip is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS