Hattiesburg Roll Call - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Hattiesburg Roll Call

Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
BrotherGrim
Recipes 

Jun 2012
, Mississippi
Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts

Just wondering who is from the Hattiesburg area and still active. I would like to either join a local brew club, or if not an official club, have a regular get together with other brewers to chat, share beers, maybe set up group buys on stuff, etc. Is there any interest in this?

Eschew obfuscation

Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
BrotherGrim
Recipes 

Jun 2012
, Mississippi

Well, I found the Hattiesburg beer club. I can't believe nobody here in the area on HBT. Anyway, looking forward to the next meeting, pretty good beer folks there at the last meeting, anybody else on here not aware of it, drop a line and I will let you know what the story is.

Eschew obfuscation

Old 10-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Daybis
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Columbus, MS
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm glad you found someone to hangout with. Having others in the area to chat about beer makes things a lot more fun. I see there are two AHA registered homebrew clubs in Hattiesburg: http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...es/find-a-club

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
WillKing
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm in hattiesburg. I have only been brewing for a couple months now and would love to join a local club

Old 05-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
brewcephus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Liked 58 Times on 44 Posts

in the Hattiesburg Area here too. Haven't heard of any Beer Clubs around here so would love to be enlightened to some. I know K&B does some things once in a while. Probably going to go to the next event they do to try to meet some folks.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
GrantH
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Hattiesburg, MS, Mississippi
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

They have Beer Club at the Keg every second Sunday I believe.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
BrotherGrim
Recipes 

Jun 2012
, Mississippi

A few members of the Hattiesburg Beer Club are starting a Homebrew club. We are still in the organizing stages, establishing a basic charter and preparing to register with the AHA. I will post again when we have more details.

Eschew obfuscation

Old 12-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
brewcephus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Liked 58 Times on 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherGrim View Post
A few members of the Hattiesburg Beer Club are starting a Homebrew club. We are still in the organizing stages, establishing a basic charter and preparing to register with the AHA. I will post again when we have more details.
Definitely interested in getting this going. Let me know when you get everything rolling.

Also, is anyone interested in doing a group buy on bulk grains? I'm getting ready to order some and just thought I'd see if anyone else bought in bulk

Currently Kegged as of 1/21/16
Keg 1: Belgian Quad
Keg 2: Black IPA
Keg 3: Irish Red(Wyeast 1214) (Kegged 1-9-16)
Keg 4: Irish Red(us05) (Kegged 1-9-16)
Keg 5: Double Mocha Porter (Kegged 1-24-16)
Keg 6:

Currently bottled as of 5/10/15
Bottled: Mocha Coffee Stout

Fermenter 1: Golden Son IPA (Brewed 5-9-16)
Fermenter 2: Golden Son IPA
"Virtus Junxit mors non separabit"

Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
Rossweiser
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2014
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BUMP

In hattiesburg. Just attending the Craft Beer Festival yesterday, had a blast. I'm seeking out some leads on the home-brew dudes that were there. I seem to have misplaced my brochure.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #10
BrotherGrim
Recipes 

Jun 2012
, Mississippi

The Free State of Jones homebrew club was there. They were passing out some great beers. They are based out of Meridian. The Pinebelt Outlaw Homebrew club is based out of Hattiesburg, but did not have any beers there.

Eschew obfuscation