....You simply can't make this crap up!
I was going to sanitize a yeast starter glass container so I opened up a new StarSan from the LHBS. I squeezed too much into the measure container part for the amount of water so tried to get it back into the main reservoir. Well, I had uncapped the main resevoir but not the plastic / white cover on it so I squeezed about 30 pounds of pressure and StarSan shot out of the main nozzle hitting my ceiling and going all over my walls.
I'm a complete idiot.
Well, I mopped it all up with bleach and cleaned up my walls. All is fine (I am living alone so no Wife to yell at me).
My thigh was burning and I looked down and my t-shirt and undies were full of holes. The StarSan ate right through them and was now burning my skin!
A shower helped but my new underwear is ruined.
Yes, this is a "hall of fame" thread but I figured it was a word of advice to anyone on here to be careful with chemicals. StarSan may be "safe to drink" but it can burn your skin and underwear / shirts if you're not careful. I wouldn't go as far to say wear eye protection but it's some nasty stuff! It did a real number on my clothes.