Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Fall/Seasonal Recipe Ideas

Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Tnack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fall/Seasonal Recipe Ideas

Fall is only around the corner and I would like to have a few seasonal beers on tap or bottled before the leaves hit the ground. I've been looking through the recipes and I feel there should be a "seasonal" forum instead of picking through all of them for something that could be fitted to whatever time of year it is.

Anyways, I just got my second full grain beer into fermentation yesterday and everything went pretty smooth. I plan on getting a keg kit this week for my 21st birthday and finally keg my first batch in 2 weeks or so.

Going back to my 3rd year in college, I want to impress my buddies with a few craft beers on tap throughout the year. I was looking into the sunset wheat lagar because it has such complex fermentation, and got me really excited about something serious. However, I feel it's too late in summer to enjoy the essence of that beer without the hot, hot heat. Looking ahead, I'm pretty committed to adding a pumpkin spiced ale to the list, and I'm sure there's plenty of recipes out there. What else do you guys believe to be a great Fall brew? Like I said before, I'm open to the idea of a lagar and I'm confident my engineering mindset will keep me focused on the details required.

~ T.Nack

Kegged: Need kit
Dumped (error) : Imperial Pale Ale (hop dossage / timing)
Future: Blueberry Ale!?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
McGarnigle
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Pumpkin is of course typical for fall, but I can only drink a few a year before I tire of them. Pecan or maple would work, either in a porter amber ale.

Oktoberfests, smoked beers. You probably do anything amber and call it a fall beer.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
McGarnigle
Recipes 

Removed by me.

Reason: Multiple posts

Old 08-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
McGarnigle
Recipes 

(Delete.) Sorry for multiple posts, server issues I guess.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
chuckstout
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 217 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 195

toasted oat spiced brown ale. Red belgian with winter spices

Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
bulldogbrewhaus
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

If you want to try you hand at lagering a Marzen recipe would do you well. It is also an octoberfest classic. Yooper has a nice simple Marzen recipe as well as the "Hoppy American Amber or Malty American Pale Ale." The latter was the last brew I made and it was excellent.